Unbelievable Trullo in Alberobello, Italy: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Unbelievable Trullo: Alberobello's Magic… or Maybe Just a Very Good Hotel? (Honest Review, Rambling Optional)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at Unbelievable Trullo in Alberobello, and let me tell you, it's… well, it's something. They call it your "Dream Vacation Awaits!" – and I’m here to break down whether the dream delivered or if I woke up feeling slightly…conned, like a tourist who paid extra for a "taste of authenticity".
First things first, getting there. It’s Alberobello. Accessibility is…a mixed bag. The town itself is cobblestones and hills – charming, but also a nightmare for anyone with mobility issues. The Trullo itself? Well, the hotel advertises Facilities for disabled guests, but "facilities" can mean anything from a ramp that's steeper than the Alps to a room with slightly wider doorways. I didn't personally test this out, but if you need guaranteed straightforward accessibility, call ahead a lot, and get specifics. Don't just trust the brochure.
Arrival & First Impressions:
The place looks the part. It's a Trullo, duh! That iconic pointy-roofed, whitewashed architecture is everywhere in Alberobello, and this hotel is a cluster of them – some renovated, some seemingly… untouched in centuries (in a good way). Checking in, however, was a masterclass in…Italian efficiency. It wasn’t express, but not agonizingly slow either. Let's just say, it gave me time to appreciate the CCTV in common areas and start plotting my escape route if things got really bad. Thankfully, the Doorman was friendly, which is always a good start.
And then you're in your Trullo room. I'm choosing to focus heavily on the room experience because it's where you spend most of your time, right? My room was…well, it was a freaking Trullo! Seriously, picture this: thick stone walls, a conical ceiling, and surprisingly, super comfy, Extra long bed. Oh, and the Air Conditioning, thank the gods. Considering how the sun beats down (Alberobello is HOT), you need that. Also, the Blackout curtains are important. They are not perfect, but they help.
The Available in all rooms amenities list is extensive. In short: It's all there. Free Wi-Fi, Internet access – wireless, Refrigerator, Coffee/tea maker, Safe box, TV with Satellite/cable channels, Private bathroom. All the usual suspects with a dash of quirky Trullo charm. My room had an Additional toilet, which was a bonus. The Bathroom itself… well, it worked. The Shower was powerful, if a little cramped. The Toiletries were decent. I’m going to say it: the Hair dryer was… okay. Ladies, bring your own super-duper hairdryer. Trust me.
The Emotional Rollercoaster of "Things to Do":
Let's be honest. The big draw of Unbelievable Trullo, besides the fact that it’s a Trullo, is the… stuff. Activities! Relaxation! Let me break it down…
- Ways to Relax: They are serious about this. Spa, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steamroom, Swimming pool and, you know, a Pool with view. I’d say I spent about 30min total in the pool overlooking the town. It's gorgeous! Until you have to leave. Not sure why this happened, but I wanted a Foot bath, and it was… well, it wasn’t horrendous. A little lukewarm, a little… awkward. But hey, it’s something!
- Fitness Center: I saw this. I didn't use this. Judging by the fact that it's a small room with some treadmills, I’d guess it’s…sufficient.
- Massage: Again, they push this thing. I was tempted. The Body scrub and Body wrap sounded heavenly. I did not partake.
The Food (Oh, the Food!):
This is where things get interesting. Alberobello is all about food. You can't escape it.
- Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was… vast. Think mountains of pastries, a decent selection of cheeses and meats. Western breakfast. Asian breakfast?! You want to try Asian cuisine in restaurant! They have it. There's a Coffee/tea in restaurant. Breakfast in room? Yep. Breakfast takeaway service? Sure.
- Dining: The main Restaurants offer a la carte eating, with International cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant options*. *Salad in restaurant*. **Soups, deserts, **a **Bar, and a Poolside bar. I had a few meals there. It was…fine. Let's just say, it didn't blow me away, but it did the job. The Bottle of water was appreciated.
- Room Service: The Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver on one night when I was too lazy to get out of my bathrobe (the Bathrobes were nice, btw).
- The Verdict: The food is safe. It’s there. You won’t starve. But don’t expect Michelin-star magic.
Cleanliness, Safety & Security: The Worry-Warts Guide:
We're all a little obsessed with safety these days, right? Unbelievable Trullo ticks a lot of boxes:
- Cleanliness: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays. It felt clean. Very clean. Maybe too clean?
- Safety: CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour]. It felt safe. Like, really safe. I wasn't worried about anything.
- The Weirdness: They have a Doctor/nurse on call. And they advertise the removal of Shared stationery removed. This is how you know we’re living in the age of COVID.
Services & Conveniences: The List That Keeps on Giving (or Taking Away My Patience):
Okay, this is where things get overwhelming. The hotel offers a lot:
- Business Facilities: Business facilities: Business facilities, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, On-site event hosting, Xerox/fax in business center
- The Extras: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Couple's room, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Soundproof rooms.
Basically, they've thought of everything. Except maybe a map that's easy to read.
For the Kids (Because Everyone Asks):
They seem to have Family/child friendly nailed. There are Kids facilities, and they’ll make a Kids meal. I didn’t travel with kiddos, so I can’t give a seasoned parent’s perspective, but it felt like it would be welcoming.
The Bottom Line (Finally!)
Unbelievable Trullo is…a good hotel. Is the Trullo experience actually that Unbelievable? Meh, maybe not. But it is a unique stay. The rooms are charming (the Trullo-ness is real!), the pool is beautiful, the staff is friendly (mostly), and they offer everything you could want. You can easily spend days in the hotel.
Would I go back?
Yes.
Would I recommend it?
Yes, with a few caveats:
- If you need hardcore accessibility, call and confirm everything before booking.
- Don't expect culinary perfection.
- Embrace the quirkiness, and don't take the hyperbole too seriously.
SEO & Metadata Stuff (Because, let's be real, you want the search engines to love this review, too):
- Keywords: Unbelievable Trullo, Alberobello, Italy, Trullo, hotel review, Puglia, accommodation, spa, swimming pool, accessible hotel, family-friendly hotel, romantic getaway
- Meta Description: Honest and hilarious review of Unbelievable Trullo in Alberobello, Italy! Get the lowdown on rooms, food, amenities
Okay, buckle up, Buttercup, because this itinerary is less "perfectly planned getaway" and more "slightly chaotic, beautifully messy Italian adventure." We're going to Alberobello, and we're going hard. This isn't your Instagram-filtered vacation – this is us getting rained on, getting lost (probably), and maybe, just maybe, finding a little bit of magic along the way. We're staying at the Belvilla by OYO Trullo dell'Ulivo per Tre. I've already started to love those tiny little houses, even by just looking at the pictures.
Day 1: Arrival, Trulli Fever, and Questionable Pizza (Welcome to Alberobello!)
- (Morning - Early!) Flights are never a smooth ride, let's be honest. We're talking delayed flights, dodgy airport coffee, and a desperate scramble for a cab once we land in Bari. The drive to Alberobello is supposed to be scenic. Scenic. I'm picturing rolling hills, maybe a flock of sheep, and hopefully, not my inner monologue screaming about the price of the plane ticket.
- (Afternoon) We find the Trullo dell'Ulivo. Fingers crossed it's as charming as the pictures, because if it's not, I'm gonna make a scene. Unpack. Admire the Trulli architecture. (I'm calling it now – I'm going to be obsessed with these little houses). And also, take a LOT of photos. Selfies with the Trulli! Trulli from every angle! The rest of the world needs to know about these things!
- (Late Afternoon) Our mission: FOOD. Okay, so I've heard mixed things about the food here. We're in Italy, people! How can you go wrong? We are going to find the BEST pizza. Seriously. I'm anticipating carb heaven. Let's find a place that isn't too touristy, but that's hard to do in Alberobello.
- (Evening) Pizza success (hopefully!). Gelato, because, well, Italy. Wandering around Alberobello at night. The trulli are supposed to be magical at night. I'm expecting a romantic, maybe slightly cheesy atmosphere. We're also going to get lost, guaranteed. And probably laugh a ton.
Day 2: The Heart of Alberobello (Plus, Wine!)
- (Morning) Waking up in a trullo. Let's do this. This place is so cute. We'll have to decide to be productive or just sleep in. But first, espresso. We're going to actually attempt a proper breakfast. Not sure what a proper Italian breakfast is, though…
- (Late Morning) Exploring. This is where we dive deep into the zone: Trulli streets, the main church, and the shops. We'll get distracted a LOT. I'm already drawn to all of the shops. Souvenir shopping is a dangerous game.
- (Lunch) Let's get a recommendation. Maybe find a small Osteria away from the main tourist drag. We try and order in Italian. It's going to be a hot mess. But we'll power through.
- (Afternoon) The absolute best thing: Wine tasting. The Puglian region has some amazing wines. I'm not a sommelier, but I know what I like! We're going to find a winery, and we are going to drink.
- (Evening) Dinner. Maybe we'll try a cooking class, though my culinary skills are… limited. Or maybe we'll just go back for more pizza. No judgement here. Strolling. The magic of the Trulli at night.
Day 3: Seaside Escape (and maybe a minor existential crisis)
- (Morning) We're getting out of Alberobello, and we're going to the sea! We're going to Polignano a Mare, which has a legendary beach.
- (Late Morning) Exploring Polignano a Mare. This is where the itinerary goes off the rails. I'm anticipating a lot of distractions.
- (Lunch) Seafood. Hopefully delicious, and hopefully not too expensive. Because I'm already overspending.
- (Afternoon) Beach time! Swimming, sunbathing, people-watching. I'm picturing idyllic scenes, with maybe some awkward moments. Maybe I'll finally feel like me again.
- (Evening) Back to Alberobello.
- (Late Evening) Reflections. We'll have a deep conversation in the trulli. Or, maybe not. Maybe we'll just pass out from all of the sun, wine, and general over-excitement.
Day 4: Last Bites (and Goodbye, for now!)
- (Morning) Last-minute souvenir shopping. Panic-buying.
- (Late Morning) One last delicious Italian breakfast. Maybe some local pastries. Sigh.
- (Lunch) Back at Trullo! Some last meal.
- (Afternoon) The drive back to the airport. Contemplating life choices. Regretting not buying more souvenirs.
- (Evening) Departure. The feeling of wanting to stay. Promise to return. Back to reality. And maybe, just maybe, already planning our next trip back.