Escape to Paradise: Stunning Bohon Apartment with Garden in Durbuy, Belgium!

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Escape to Paradise: Stunning Bohon Apartment with Garden in Durbuy, Belgium!

Escape to Paradise? More Like Escaping To… Durbuy! (My Messy Review of Bohon Apartment)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a supposed "Escape to Paradise" in Durbuy, Belgium – specifically, the Bohon Apartment. And let me tell you, it was… an experience. More like a whirlwind of cobblestone streets, questionable Belgian weather, and a whole lot of attempts at relaxation. So, let’s dive in, shall we? Prepare for some unfiltered thoughts and maybe a few tangents.

First Impressions & Accessibility (or, My Tiny Triumph Over Cobblestones)

The apartment, nestled in the charming, tiny town of Bohon (part of Durbuy), is… well, it’s cute. Think rustic chic meets "IKEA assembled it myself." Now, about accessibility. This is where things got interesting. Durbuy itself? Forget it. Cobblestones are the enemy of any wheeled contraption, be it a wheelchair or one of those trendy city bikes. The apartment itself? Pretty good! Facilities for disabled guests are advertised and while I didn't personally need them, I did see an elevator and what appeared to be reasonably accessible routes within the building. Still, navigating the exterior was a serious calf workout. Consider yourself warned if you rely on mobility aids. The car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver, though, especially after battling those hills!

Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Actually Sanitise This Place?

Alright, this is crucial in the post-pandemic world. Cleanliness and safety were clearly taken seriously. The place felt clean. There were signs everywhere about anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection of common areas, and room sanitization between stays. They even had hand sanitizer strategically placed, like little beacons of hope. The kitchen was sparkling, and the bathroom, thankfully, was not a biohazard. I appreciated the Safe dining setup as well, and the staff seemed well-versed in staff trained in safety protocol. Now, the rooms sanitized between stays. I'm assuming this happened, but I'm a "trust, but verify" kinda gal. I, myself didn't quite notice a super aggressive clean, but everything was generally pretty tidy. Plus, look, they removed shared stationery. Progress!

The 'Relaxation' Factor: Spa Shenanigans & Poolside Perplexities

Oh, the "relaxing" part. This is where my expectations and reality did a tango of awkwardness. The apartment boasts a whole host of ways to chill, including a Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. (They also include a Pool with view, but in Durbuy? Let's just say the views are… "quaint.")

Let's start with the spa. I envisioned myself melting into a state of blissful zen. Instead, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out the sauna controls (I may or may not have accidentally turned it up to "inferno" mode). The steam room, while functional, smelled faintly of… well, a steam room. The pool? Cold. Brutally cold. I dipped a toe in and promptly retreated, shivering. Maybe the spa was better, I'm not sure, I had a slight panic and retreated. Maybe the next time I might try it.

And the Foot bath? I don't think I ever even found it (or maybe I'm just not as perceptive as I think). Gym/fitness? Well, there is a Fitness center, but, hey, at least I got some cardio hauling my luggage around! On the plus side, the Massage was actually incredible. So yeah, some wins in the relaxation department, some serious misses. But hey, at least they tried.

Dining, Drinking, and the Quest for a Decent Coffee

Food! My second greatest passion. This apartment features a Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, and even Breakfast in room options. There's a Coffee shop and a Bar around, as well as Restaurants. The coffee was… passable. Let's leave it at that. I actually ordered Room service [24-hour] one night, mostly because my feet hurt from trekking around town all day. The A la carte in restaurant option looked pretty good, but I was too lazy to dress up. The food was perfectly acceptable, but nothing to write home about. There was a bit of Asian cuisine in restaurant and the usual international choices. Bonus points for offering Bottle of water and Complimentary tea in the room.

Things to Do (Besides Wondering Where that Foot Bath is)

Okay, so Durbuy is tiny. Like, seriously tiny. Think of it as a medieval theme park. The apartment is located near a lot attractions. There's no shortage of charming shops, winding streets, and a general "historical village" vibe. Hiking is popular, I'm sure. They also have a Gift/souvenir shop right there, which is convenient for those last-minute "I forgot to buy a thing" moments. And the Terrace in the apartment was actually lovely, perfect for a glass of wine (which you can procure from the Convenience store, conveniently located nearby).

The Room Itself: My Little Haven of "Almost Comfort"

The apartment rooms themselves are pretty decent. Air conditioning saved my life during the surprisingly warm days. The Wi-Fi [free] was, thankfully, reliable. I appreciated the Free bottled water and the Coffee/tea maker. The Air conditioning in public area was good too, and I needed it after my spa experience. The Bathrobes were a nice touch, although I spent more time in the bathrobe before the spa than after. The Blackout curtains were essential for a good night's sleep, and the Slippers were appreciated. The Desk, Desk was great for working remotely. Though my remote working turned into a bit of a comedy - my laptop got stuck in the desk drawer. I could open the door, but the drawer wouldn't budge, so I had to work without a desk. It's the little things in life, right?

Services & Conveniences: The Minor Details

There was your usual array of amenities: Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, and all the rest. The Luggage storage was useful. The Car park [on-site] was a godsend. They even had Cash withdrawal if you needed it. No drama on these fronts.

For the Kids (And the Big Kids Too)

While I didn't have any little ones with me, the Apartment had, apparently, Family/child friendly qualities, which may or may not have been a factor for me. There were also Babysitting service options available if needed. Cool. What About the Negatives?

Well, the biggest issue was the inconsistency. One moment I’d be marveling at the cleanliness and the next I'd be stuck in the steam room, baking like a potato. Also, the "escape" promised a certain level of luxury that wasn't quite delivered.

Overall: Would I Escape Again?

So, would I recommend the Bohon Apartment? It's complicated! It's not a perfect "escape to paradise", but it’s a solid base for exploring Durbuy. It has Non-smoking rooms, and I did feel safe. If you appreciate quirky charm, don't mind a few imperfections, and can laugh at the occasional spa fail, then this place might be perfect. Just pack comfortable shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a map to where that darn foot bath actually is.

SEO & Metadata Stuff (Because, You Know, Gotta Be Professional… Even When Rambling):

  • Keywords: Durbuy, Belgium, Bohon Apartment, Hotel Review, Spa, Accessible Hotel, Family Friendly, Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Wi-Fi, Cleanliness, Safety
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest and humorous review of the Bohon Apartment in Durbuy, Belgium. Is it really an "escape to paradise"? Find out in this messy, unfiltered account of the spa, the cobblestones, and the quest for a decent cup of coffee.
  • Metadata:
    • title: Escape to Paradise? My Unfiltered Review of Bohon Apartment, Durbuy!
    • description: A messy, honest, and funny review of the Bohon Apartment in Durbuy, Belgium.
    • keywords: Durbuy, Bohon, Apartment, Review, Spa, Accessible, Family-Friendly, Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Wi-Fi, Cleanliness, Safety.
  • H1 Title: Escape to Paradise? More Like Escaping To… Durbuy! (My Messy Review of Bohon Apartment)
  • H2 Titles:
    • First Impressions & Accessibility (or, My Tiny Triumph Over Cobblestones)
    • Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Actually Sanitise This Place?
    • The 'Relaxation' Factor: Spa Shenanigans & Poolside Perplexities
    • Dining, Drinking, and the Quest for a Decent
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Riverfront Villa in Saint-Chinian, France!

Book Now

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Durbuy Debacle & Bohemian Bliss: A Messy Itinerary

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned European getaway. This is my trip to a "Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden" near Durbuy, Belgium. Emphasis on “near,” because let's be honest, my sense of direction is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot.

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (Plus a Tiny Garden Victory)

  • 10:00 AM - Arrival at Brussels Airport (BRU): Actually arrived at Brussels South Charleroi Airport (oops!). Already feeling a vague sense of impending doom. Finding the car rental? A Herculean task. My inner monologue is oscillating between excited squeals and existential dread.
  • 11:30 AM - Car Rental Chaos: The car's a tiny, beige… thing. I swear, it looks like a rejected character from a Pixar movie. The rental agent, a woman who clearly hates tourists, gives me a death glare when I ask for directions to the highway. "Just follow the signs," she snarls. Helpful.
  • 1:00 PM - The Great Highway Hunt: Getting out of the airport felt like escaping a particularly nasty maze. Found the highway! Finally, some progress. The drive is… beautiful. Rolling hills, charming villages, the kind of scenery that makes you want to start writing poetry (which, let's face it, I'll probably butcher).
  • 2:30 PM - Bohon Bound (Maybe): Google Maps occasionally tries to throw me into a field, but eventually, I (think) I arrive in the correct general area. The "Gorgeous Apartment" is, thankfully, gorgeous. The owner, a jolly, slightly eccentric Belgian with a handlebar mustache, welcomes me with a handshake that feels borderline aggressive.
  • 3:00 PM - Garden Appreciation (and a Small Victory): The GARDEN! Oh. My. God. It's perfect. Lush, overflowing with wildflowers, a tiny babbling brook… I promptly plonk myself down on a sun lounger with a glass of wine (bought at a panic-fueled petrol station) and soak it all in. This, friends, is the moment of peace.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Disaster: I attempted to cook. Emphasis on attempted. The kitchen is lovely, but my culinary skills, alas, are not. Burnt something. Smoked something. Ended up eating cheese, bread, and feeling like a culinary failure. Tomorrow, I'm seeking out local cuisine. Stat.

Day 2: Durbuy, Donkeys, and Delicious Redemption

  • 9:00 AM - Morning Stroll (and a Near-Death Encounter): A bracing walk in the crisp Belgian air. Saw a tiny, grumpy donkey. Seriously considered adopting him (until I remembered I can barely keep a cactus alive). Almost got run over by a cyclist with nerves of steel. This is exhilarating, terrifying, and probably good for my soul.
  • 10:30 AM - Durbuy Dreams: Heading to Durbuy! Which is billed as the "smallest city in the world." Honestly, it feels like stepping into a fairytale. Cobblestone streets, flower-filled balconies, an abundance of ridiculously charming shops.
  • 11:00 AM - Castle Crush!: First stop: the Castle! I just stood and stared. It's ancient looking and imposing and perfect and I want to live there. Even if it is haunted by a grumpy Belgian ghost who hates tourists. The views from the top? Ridiculous. Stunning. Breathtaking. Maybe I should write a poem. Nah.
  • 12:00 PM - Waffles! Glorious Waffles!: Found a small café with the BEST waffles I've ever tasted. Fluffy, drizzled with chocolate sauce, topped with fresh strawberries… I'm pretty sure I ate three. No regrets whatsoever.
  • 1:00 PM - Getting Lost (and Loving It): Wandering the labyrinthine streets of Durbuy. Found a tiny, forgotten church. Felt… something. Quiet. Peaceful. A rare moment of genuine contemplation amid the chaos.
  • 2:00 PM - The Chocolate Shop Saga: I entered a chocolate shop and immediately lost all self-control. Bought enough pralines to feed a small army. No judgment, please.
  • 3:00 PM - Back to the Apartment (and Garden Bliss, Part Deux): Back in the lovely apartment. Garden time! Reading. Reflecting. Slightly embarrassed by my waffle intake.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Triumph! (Sort Of): This time, I wised up and found a local restaurant. Had the BEST steak frites and a local beer. Feeling slightly less like a culinary disaster. Progress!

Day 3: River Adventures, Relaxation, and Rambling Thoughts

  • 9:00 AM - Kayaking Fiasco: Decided to be adventurous and go kayaking on the River Ourthe. It started well. Relatively stable. Then, disaster. Turned a corner, hit a rock, and capsized. Soaked. Cold. Mortified. But also laughing uncontrollably. The river won.
  • 11:00 AM - Drying Out and Recuperating: Back at the apartment. Changed clothes, wrapped myself in a blanket, and drank a steaming cup of coffee. Debriefing on the kayaking incident with myself.
  • 12:00 PM - Strolling Through Time: The town museums. An unexpected delight! Lots of interesting items and history, I was surprised since I'm not really a museum person.
  • 2:00 PM - Garden Therapy Session: More garden time. This time, I'm armed with a book, a journal, and a large glass of wine. Letting my thoughts wander. Realizing this trip is as much about the "doing" as it is about the "being."
  • 4:00 PM - A Slight Existential Crisis: Contemplating life, the universe, and everything. Realizing I need to buy a new suitcase at Charleroi airport because I'm definitely, definitely bringing home too many chocolates
  • 7:00 PM - Farewell Dinner: Back to the local restaurant for another incredible meal. Reflecting on the journey. Feeling a strange mix of sadness and contentment. This tiny, accidental adventure has been unexpectedly… wonderful.

Day 4: Departure and the Aftermath

  • 9:00 AM - Last Garden Moments: One final, glorious hour in the garden. Savoring the tranquility. Vowing to return someday.
  • 10:00 AM - Packing Panic: My suitcase is a disaster. Chocolate EVERYWHERE. This is going to be interesting at the airport.
  • 11:00 AM - Farewell to the Belgian Mustache Man: A final handshake with the apartment owner. He seems genuinely sad to see me go. Maybe I wasn't that much of a disaster.
  • 12:00 PM - The Drive of Doom (Back to Charleroi): Navigating the roads again. Questioning the mental stability of Belgian drivers. A near-miss with a particularly aggressive truck driver. Surviving on adrenaline and the faint scent of waffles.
  • 1:00 PM - Airport Carnage: Praying my suitcase doesn't explode. Buying emergency chocolate for the plane ride.
  • 5:00 PM - Back Home (and a Post-Holiday Meltdown): Safely back. Jet lag. Laundry. The sudden, crushing realization that I'm back to reality. But… that garden. Those waffles. Those moments of unexpected peace… Totally worth it. And I'm already dreaming of my next escape. Belgium, I'll be back, chocolate and all.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Italian Villa Awaits!

Book Now

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium```html

Okay, so… Escape to Paradise? Is it *really* paradise? And, like, is it actually in Durbuy? (Because I've seen some dodgy listings before...)

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because "paradise" is a HUGE word. Let's just say it's *damn* close, especially after spending a year stuck in my tiny, bleak Brussels apartment. Yes, it's in Durbuy. The *real* Durbuy, the "Smallest City in the World," little cobbled streets and all that jazz. I even double-checked on Google Maps before booking, because you're right, some listings are like catfishing for vacationers. This place is legit. And the garden? Oh, the garden… More on that later.

Look, were there moments I wanted to hurl a garden gnome at the neighbor's overly-friendly dog? Perhaps. Did I get mysteriously locked out on day one because the key felt like it was from the Stone Age (more on that, too)? Yes. But the sheer, unadulterated *beauty* of the place? The sound of the Ourthe River? It almost made me forget my real-world problems. Almost.

This "Bohon Apartment"... what's the actual *vibe*? Is it modern, rustic, what? And does it have a working coffee machine? (Priorities, people!)

Okay, so "Bohon" apparently means "local style," or something similar. So, *rustic* with a capital R. Think exposed beams, stone walls, the kind of place that feels like it's been there for centuries (probably has). It's cozy, not sterile. There are quirks, like the slightly sloped floors that somehow made me feel permanently seasick for the first hour.

And the coffee machine? YES! A proper Nespresso, thank the heavens. Crucially, it worked. I consider that a major win. I’d probably give up my passport before my morning coffee machine. Seriously, a good cup of coffee is the bedrock of any good vacation. You can forget the spa treatments and yoga, a good coffee is all you need to restore order in your soul.

Speaking of imperfections, the wifi could be a little spotty at times. Minor inconvenience in the face of all the rustic charm. But if you plan to be glued to your devices, maybe bring a hotspot. Though honestly, you shouldn't be!

The Garden! You mentioned the garden. Sell me on the garden. Is it just grass, or what's the deal? And is it private? Because I HATE being overlooked.

The garden. Oh, the garden. Okay, deep breath. Imagine this: You open the back door, and BAM! A riot of green. Seriously, it's lush. Trees, bushes, flowers... it's like someone had a mad artist fling a rainbow of vegetation back there.

It has this cute little patio setup - table, chairs, umbrella for shade. And yes, it's PRIVATE. Thank God! I’m not a fan of communal anything, particularly not when I’m trying to get away from everyone and have a good ol’ sulk. I spent a solid afternoon just sprawled out there, reading and ignoring the world. Though the neighbor's aforementioned dog did still manage to bark at me. The dog is a menace, I tell you!

One morning, with a particularly bad bout of jet lag, I dragged myself outside, bleary-eyed and clutching my coffee, and just *sat* there. Surrounded by birdsong and the gentle rustling of leaves. Pure bliss. Then I spilled coffee down my front, which nearly ruined everything. But the garden still saved it.

Durbuy itself – what's there to *do*? Is it just eating waffles (though, let's be honest, that's a good start)? Give me the lowdown.

Durbuy is PERFECT for a small space – the cobblestone streets winding like veins, and everywhere you turn, there's charm. And yes, waffles are a non-negotiable. Seriously, the waffle game is STRONG. But it's not just waffles! Though, I'd happily built an entire vacation on a waffle-based diet.

You can wander the (very) narrow streets, pop into quirky little shops, admire the architecture. There’s a castle, if you’re into that sort of thing. The Ourthe River is there, perfect for walks. You can rent kayaks if you’re feeling adventurous. I never quite managed because I'm about as coordinated as a newborn giraffe on ice skates, but I saw other people doing it and living their best lives. Also, you can walk along the riverbank. I did a lot of that. Needed to get some peace from the dog.

And yes, there are loads of restaurants. From cosy bistros to slightly fancier places. Honestly, I just wanted to get away from cooking. I ate pasta and waffles for a week and I wasn't sad. So, in short, Durbuy is the ideal place to recharge your batteries.

Okay, so... the bad bits. Anything I *shouldn't* expect? Like, did you find any ghosts? (Asking for a friend...)

Ghosts? No. Disappointment? Possibly. Okay, so, the bathroom is... cozy. By which I mean, it's not massive. I'm a fairly average-sized human, and I still had to maneuver with care. If you’re a particularly tall or broad individual, you might feel a little cramped. Bring a good book for bathroom entertainment.

The kitchen is well-equipped, but the oven was a bit… temperamental. I’d recommend sticking to the microwave or, you know, the plethora of excellent restaurants. My attempts at cooking were… not a success. Let's just say the smoke alarm got a good workout. But honestly, why cook when you're on holiday? That defeatist approach is, perhaps, an upside.

Also, parking can be a bit of a nightmare in Durbuy during peak season. Be prepared to walk a bit with your luggage. The cobbled streets aren't exactly suitcase-friendly. Consider packing light! (I learned this the hard way.)

Would you go back? Honestly. Spill.

Absolutely. Despite the bathroom's cramped conditions, the occasionally spotty wifi, the dog, and my culinary incompetence. The good *far* outweighed the bad. The garden alone is worth the price of admission.

Yes, there are imperfections. Life's messy, this apartment is also messy. But the charm, the peace, the waffles, and the feeling of being *away* from it all... that's what matters. And honestly, if you're looking for a place to just *breathe*, to unwind and to escape the everyday grind, then yeah… Escape to Paradise? Yeah, I'd say so. Just, pack light, learn how to cook. And maybe, just maybe, bring some earplugs for the dog...

```Hotel Finder Reviews

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium

Gorgeous Apartment in Bohon with Garden Durbuy Belgium