French Riviera Paradise: Private Pool & Pool House Awaits!

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

French Riviera Paradise: Private Pool & Pool House Awaits!

French Riviera Paradise: My Chaotic, Wonderful, and Slightly Overwhelmed Review!

Okay, so I just emerged from a stay at “French Riviera Paradise: Private Pool & Pool House Awaits!” and honestly, my brain is still sun-baked and buzzing with… well, everything. Let’s dive in, shall we? Buckle up, because this is going to be less a neatly formatted report and more a frantic, slightly frantic, journal entry.

Metadata & SEO Stuff (Sorry, Gotta Do This First!)

  • Keywords: French Riviera, private pool, pool house, luxury hotel, spa, accessible, wheelchair accessible, family-friendly, romantic getaway, dining, Wi-Fi, beach, France, vacation, holiday, review.
  • Focus: A detailed, honest, and slightly hysterical review of the hotel's facilities and overall experience.

Accessibility (Because It Matters!)

Okay, first off: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me. My Aunt Gertrude uses a wheelchair, and navigating hotels with her is a constant adventure. The website said wheelchair-accessible. And… well, it was mostly true. The paths around the main areas were… mostly smooth. Getting to the pool house itself? Now that’s where things got a little… interesting. There was a ramp, yes, but the gradient rivaled a ski slope. We managed, let's just say Gertrude worked on her arms getting around. The hotel team was super helpful with guiding us with our wheelchair throughout the area, especially the pool house, and they definitely get points for effort. I'm still laughing at the memory, it was memorable in a good way.

On-site Restaurants/Lounges & Dining (My Belly Explodes with Joy!)

Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Where do I even begin?

  • Restaurants: There are restaurants. Plural. And they're all basically culinary palaces. I swore I gained five pounds just thinking about the food (but I also definitely gained weight).
    • A la carte: I had a seafood platter that was… well, let's just say I’m still dreaming about it. (It was more beautiful than my own wedding).
    • Buffet: The buffet… the breakfast buffet… Dear God. Pastries? Fruit? Omelets made to order? I'm pretty sure they even had gold-plated croissants. (Okay, maybe not, but they sure tasted that way.) And the Asian breakfast, oh, my word, it was to die for!
    • Poolside Bar: Essential. Especially after a swim. You basically have to order a cocktail and pretend you're a movie star, even if you're just me, wearing a slightly-too-tight swimsuit.
    • Vegetarian Restaurant: I'm not a vegetarian, but I had a meal there, and it was AMAZING. Proof that even carnivores can enjoy the green stuff when delivered with style.
    • Snack Bar: Perfect for… um… everything. Late-night cravings, mid-afternoon munchies, basically a constant flow of deliciousness.
    • Restaurants with Asian Cuisine: I'm usually wary of Asian cuisine abroad, but it was exceptionally good. I can happily say that the chefs know what they are doing!
  • Room Service (24-hour): This is pure, unadulterated luxury. Ordering a burger at 3 am, whilst wearing my bathrobe and watching a terrible French movie, is an experience I’ll never forget. It does seem as though my wallet may be crying a little bit.
  • Breakfast Service: I was completely spoiled. They had everything.
  • Coffee/Tea: I took advantage of the hot drinks area, I loved my coffee here!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (More Food Glorious Food!)

  • Happy hour: Perfect for a cocktail or two before the dinner.
  • Bottle of water: Always provided, very important!
  • Desserts in restaurant: Get the desserts!
  • Salad and Soup in restaurant: I was on a diet, there was plenty of delicious salads, and the soups!

For the Kids (and the Kid in Me!)

Okay, I didn’t have any kids with me (blessedly!), but I saw a ton of families.

  • Babysitting service: Available, helpful for adults!
  • Family/child friendly: Definitely!
  • Kids meal: Good for everyone!
  • Kids facilities: The pool was a major hit!

Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Ah, Bliss…)

  • Swimming pool: The outdoor pool. Oh. My. Word. Stunning. Picturesque. Dreamy. I spent a concerning amount of time in it. There was a view as well, a view of the pool of course!
  • Spa/sauna: I have a weakness for a good sauna. This one was… let’s just say it involved a lot of quiet contemplation and a serious re-evaluation of my life choices. In a good way!
  • Body scrub/Body wrap/Massage: Okay, I indulged. I’m not going to lie. The massage was divine. I think I actually levitated for a few blissful minutes.
  • Gym/fitness: Didn’t see much of this. I was too busy eating, swimming and getting massages. I do see some people working out though.
  • Sauna/Steamroom: Perfect!
  • Pool with view: The pool was the main attraction!
  • Foot bath: I didn't knew this existed!

Cleanliness and Safety (Because We’re Over the Pandemic, Right?)

They definitely took some precautions.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment – All the right things, I'm sure. It felt clean.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: A thoughtful touch.
  • Safe dining setup: Tables spaced apart nicely.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Always a bonus.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! Felt a little like a hospital at times, but hey, better safe than sorry.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! Felt a little like a hospital at times, but hey, better safe than sorry.

Services and Conveniences (Spoiled Rotten!)

  • Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless every day. Creepy, but I appreciate the effort!
  • Concierge: Super helpful. They booked everything, from restaurants to taxis.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Yes, yes, and yes again!
  • Car park: Amazing parking!
  • Laundry service: Convenient, but pricey.
  • Elevator: Essential.
  • Cash withdrawal: Essential.
  • Doorman: Welcoming, but a bit intimidating after said 3 am burger.
  • Luggage storage: Very helpful.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: I picked up a ridiculously overpriced, but utterly charming, trinket.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Some good ones
  • Air conditioning: Needed!
  • Food delivery: Always available.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Invoice provided: Easy.
  • Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center. - All available.

Available in All Rooms (The Nitty-Gritty!)

  • Air conditioning: Blessed relief from the heat.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Essential. And it worked!
  • Alarm clock: Reliable
  • Bathtub: Yes! I love baths.
  • Bathrobes: Absolutely!
  • Bathroom phone: For emergencies!
  • Blackout curtains: Perfect for sleeping in.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Always a good thing!
  • Extra long bed: Very appreciated.
  • In-room safe box: Useful.
  • Internet access – wireless: Wonderful!
  • Laptop workspace: Great for pretending to work.
  • Mini bar: Expensive, but tempting.
  • Non-smoking: Thank goodness.
  • Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]. – All included.

Getting Around (Mostly Easy!)

  • Airport transfer: Book it!
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. - All available!
  • Bicycle parking - Didn't used this.

**For the Kids (and

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Pool Villa in Italy Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Okay, buckle up buttercup. This isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is a VIBE. We're talking about a holiday home with a private pool and pool house in Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle, France. Prepare for some serious Francophile fantasy meets reality check.

The Extremely Questionable & Probably Wonderful Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle Adventure - A Messy Manual

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread by the Pool (Maybe Some Wine, Definitely Jet Lag)

  • (Morning - Forever, Depending on Flight Delays) Arrive! Actually getting to France? Never as glamorous as it sounds, is it? Expect the usual – delayed flights, questionable airplane food that tastes vaguely of sadness, and that lingering fear of everything in your bag being overweight. I'm packing way too many 'just in case' outfits, and I'm sure my suitcase will spontaneously combust. The anticipation is a little overwhelming, and I'm already craving some comfort food…French fries, obviously.
  • (Afternoon - The Pool's Beckoning) Finally at the house. Breathe. Oh, the pool, and the pool house! (I'm mentally picturing myself as a 1950's movie star. I'll need a scarf.) The air is probably going to be thick with that delicious, sun-warmed scent of Provence… and the vague smell of chlorine. My first order of business? Poolside reconnaissance. I'm going to stalk it. Inspect it. Judge the heck out of it while simultaneously melting into the warm sunlight. Also, locate the rosé. This is crucial. I need to test the pool, it's water quality and temperature.
  • (Evening - French Feast & a Fight Against the Zzz's) Unpack. Then immediately re-pack because I forgot something. Attempt to cook a simple French meal. I say “attempt” because my French cooking skills are limited to "can I get this from the store and open it?". Prepare for potential culinary catastrophes. Pray the local grocery store is open (and that I can understand the labels). Alternatively, find a charming bistro and eat all the carbs. Then, fight jet lag. This is the enemy. It will try to sneak you off to bed at 7 pm. Do not give in. Resist! This could involve a double espresso purchased at a nearby cafe, or just a deep meditation. It's really whatever you can muster at this point.

Day 2: Market Mayhem & Croissant Calamities

  • (Morning - The French Market Conquest) The local market is calling! Expect chaos, crowds, and the fragrant promise of fresh produce. I'm envisioning myself effortlessly haggling with vendors (which will probably result in me accidentally volunteering to buy a whole goat). Croissants are ESSENTIAL. I'm hoping I can find a bakery that'll be open early. I've heard the croissants are, like, life-changing. But I am going to be very disappointed if I have to go for another bland croissant.
  • (Afternoon - Pool Time: The Sequel) Spend the afternoon with the pool. Read a good book. Maybe I'll attempt to learn some French phrases. ("Un verre de rosé, s'il vous plaît!" is essential, right?) Maybe I am going to sunbath. Maybe I am going to sleep. It's up to how I feel.
  • (Evening - Dinner Date & Stargazing) Maybe I find a small restaurant for dinner and try not to be intimidated by the menu. I'm also going to attempt stargazing. I've brought my binoculars and a book on constellations. I'm expecting romantic moments, but I might also end up getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Or maybe I miss all of this, and I am going to crash…Who knows?

Day 3: Day Trip Debacle (or Delight) & Existential Questions

  • (Morning - The Great Decision: Where to Wander?) Day trip! The possibilities! Should I go to a charming little town? A vineyard? A castle? This decision alone is enough to trigger a panic attack. I'm researching EVERYTHING (and procrastinating) until the last minute. I might end up at a gas station because, honestly, I don't think this will be easy!
  • (Afternoon - The Day Trip, In Progress) Wherever I choose to go, expect the unexpected. Getting lost is guaranteed. Probably I'll end up somewhere random, but in the most amazing way. That's life, kids. Also, it will probably involve ice cream.
  • (Evening - Dinner & Deep Thoughts) I'm going to try to have a quiet evening. Reflect on the day. Maybe journal. Maybe drink some wine. Maybe stare at the moon and contemplate the meaning of life. Or maybe just watch some French TV, even though I won't understand a word.

Day 4: Pool House Pandemonium & the Quest for Butter

  • (Morning - Pool House Shenanigans) Dedicate the morning to the pool house. This is where the magic happens. I will be writing in the pool house… or reading. Or drinking coffee. Or all three at once. It also means checking to make sure it is clean and safe (for all of us).
  • (Afternoon - Butter-Based Bliss & Bread-Related Struggles)) The butter situation in France is legendary. My mission? Find the best. Eat ALL the bread, and soak it in butter. Then, maybe, attempt to bake something. Expect flour explosions and potential tears.
  • (Evening - Wine & Whimsy) I'll crack open another bottle of wine, look at the sunset, and be incredibly, wonderfully, imperfectly happy. Maybe I will get lost. Maybe I will fail. Maybe I will succeed. That's the joy of travel isn't it? And the beauty of a private pool?

Day 5: The Great Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle Farewell (sob)

  • (Morning - Last Lap around the Pool) One final swim. One last moment of pure, unadulterated bliss. Soak it up. Take mental pictures. Maybe weep a little.
  • (Afternoon - Packing Panic & the Grocery Store Sweep) Pack. Realize I've accumulated a mountain of souvenirs I don't need. Panic-buy every French delicacy I can find at the grocery store. Worry about the weight of my bag again.
  • (Evening - The Departure… & Dreams of Return) The sad goodbyes. The flight. The memories. I am already planning my return, even before I've left. This trip is over. But the memories… they will be forever. And I will come back.

Things to Pack (Beyond the Obvious):

  • A sense of humor. (Essential)
  • Bug spray. (Unless you enjoy being mosquito food, which I do not)
  • A phrasebook (because my French is… limited)
  • A comfortable swimsuit (because pool time is EVERYTHING).
  • An open mind (ready for things to go wonderfully, or hilariously wrong).
  • A journal (I'll probably fill it with hilarious misspellings and bad drawings)
  • Extra underwear (just in case of… anything)

Disclaimer:

This itinerary is a suggestion, not a rule book. Feel free to deviate! Embrace the chaos. Get lost. Eat too much cheese. Fall in love with France. (Or at least, tolerate the French.) And most importantly, relax! Bon voyage, and may your trip be filled with laughter, adventure, and a perfectly chilled glass of rosé.

Escape to Paradise: Stunning Eifel Terrace Apartment Awaits in Leudersdorf!

Book Now

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France```html

French Riviera Paradise: FAQs (Because Let's Be Honest, You Have Questions!)

Okay, Okay, Tell Me About This Private Pool Already! Is It Actually...Private?

Alright, deep breaths. The pool. THE POOL. Yeah, it's private. Like, *really* private. Think "no screaming children of your neighbor, unless *you* invited them" private. I’m talking you can skinny-dip at 3 AM while contemplating the existential dread of your rapidly approaching middle age, and no one will bat an eyelid (unless, of course, you’ve been too close to the rosé, in which case, you might forget you even *are* middle-aged – a distinct possibility!).

Seriously though, it's fenced. And big. Big enough to actually *swim* in, not just do the awkward leg-kick shuffle most hotel pools facilitate. We spent a solid three days just…existing in that pool. Floating, reading, occasionally yelling in joy at the sheer bliss of it. My partner, bless her heart, almost drowned trying to get to a floating pineapple she thought was “calling to her.” (The rosé was a definite factor.) So, yes, private. And the only judgment you’ll get is from your own questionable floatation choices, and possibly a very judgy pool flamingo.

What's the Pool House Like? Is It Just a Shed With a Coffee Maker?

Okay, hold on to your hats. The pool house…is not a shed. It's…well, the photos are accurate. It's beautiful. Light-filled. Airy. With a kitchen situation that made me question all my life choices involving instant coffee and questionable toast. Seriously, I wanted to move in. I contemplated leaving my partner, my job, my entire dusty existence behind and becoming a pool house hermit. The urge was *strong*.

There's a seating area, a place to change (thank the heavens, because sunburnt thighs are not a good look), and usually, a small sound system. We mostly used the BBQ, though. Let me tell you about that BBQ. We attempted to cook a whole chicken. The chicken, bless its little bird heart, exploded into a grease volcano after about 45 minutes. Covered the pool house. Covered us. Covered the *pool*. We ate burnt vegetables. And laughed. Because, well, France. And wine. And the utter ridiculousness of the chicken incident. So, yeah, the pool house? Amazing. Just…be careful with the BBQ. Or, heck, don't be. Embrace the chaos.

Is There Wi-Fi? Because, You Know, Instagram.

Ugh, yes. Yes, there's Wi-Fi. Thankfully. Look, I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for a good Instagram story. And you *need* to share this place. Seriously, you do. The Wi-Fi worked pretty well, which is a small miracle considering how far out in the sticks (in the *best* way possible) it felt. But…be prepared for it to occasionally be…French. Meaning, it might randomly be down. And you'll have to awkwardly attempt to communicate with whoever looks after the place, which I did…and then gave up and just enjoyed being offline for a bit. Which was, surprisingly, nice.

How Far is It to the Beach? Because, Beaches.

Okay, the beach. The beaches are…a drive. A scenic, gorgeous drive, mind you, but still a drive. Think, twenty minutes, maybe half an hour to the coast, depending on traffic (which, in France, is always…an experience). So this isn't a "stroll to the sand" kind of situation. But the trade-off is worth it. You're getting absolute privacy and a genuinely luxurious pool experience, not the packed-like-sardines, screaming-children-of-Europe beach experience. And frankly, after a day spent swimming, sunning, and generally being fancy at the villa, I didn’t even *want* to go to the beach. The beach can wait. The pool? The pool is eternal.

Pro Tip: Make the drive to Saint-Tropez. Just once. For the people-watching. And then run back to your pool paradise, clutching your wallet and sanity.

Is it Child-Friendly? (Asking for…me…)

Hmm, okay, child-friendliness. That depends. Are your children the “calmly watch the goldfish” type, or the “attempt to scale the Eiffel Tower” type? The pool is fenced, which is a huge plus. There's a decent amount of space to run around in. Inside, it’s pretty stylish, which means there are probably breakable things. You know your kids best. I'd err on the side of "probably fine, but keep an eye on them." Or, you know, hire a nanny. Because you're in the French Riviera. Embrace it.

Anecdote time! We went with a couple of friends who have a toddler, and the toddler spent the entire time trying to sneak into the pool. We spent the entire time preventing him from doing so. It was exhausting. And hilarious. And slightly terrifying. So, child-friendly? Potentially. Peaceful? Maybe not. But you'll have stories. Oh, the stories.

Is Parking Available? Because, I Don't Speak French...or Know How to Navigate a French City.

Parking. YES. Thank the gods. There's usually plenty of parking. And trust me, battling French traffic while trying to decipher street signs in a language you barely understand is a special kind of hell. Having a designated, secure parking spot is a godsend. You'll need a car to get around, so this is a major plus. Just…try not to hit any scooters. They seem to be everywhere.

Are Pets Allowed? Asking for, Again, Me… and My Slightly-Too-Energetic Golden Retriever.

Stay Mapped

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France

Holiday home with private pool and pool house Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salle France