Escape to Paradise: Your Private Pool Awaits in Stunning Barban, Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Escape to Paradise: Your Private Pool Awaits in Stunning Barban, Croatia

Living the Dream (and Almost Drowning in the Details): A Review of Escape to Paradise in Barban, Croatia

Alright, folks, buckle up. Because honestly, reviewing Escape to Paradise in Barban, Croatia, feels a bit like trying to unwrap a Russian nesting doll of amenities. You think you’ve got it all figured out… then BAM! Another layer of fancy features explodes in your face. But hey, I tried to be thorough. And I lived to tell the tale (mostly).

First Impressions (and a near-disaster with the luggage):

The name, "Escape to Paradise", is ambitious. And honestly, the drive in was a bit… hairy. Narrow Croatian roads, the GPS being a sassy jerk, and me, wrestling with our mountain of luggage. Thank GOD for the ‘airport transfer’ option. Seriously, after that drive, I'd happily pay someone to carry me on a golden throne. (Okay, maybe a comfortable sedan would do.) The exterior corridor felt a little… motel-y, actually, but the second you stepped inside, the air conditioning kicked in and the relief was instant. Pure, icy bliss.

Accessibility & Safety: Navigating the Maze:

Okay, so let's talk about the nitty-gritty. "Facilities for disabled guests" - check. And while I'm not personally wheelchair-bound, I did check out the elevator situation (essential when you're loaded with bags, let me tell you!) and it seemed pretty slick. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property eased some of my paranoia. (We're all a little paranoid these days, right?) The 24-hour front desk felt reassuring, particularly when, at 3 am, I woke up convinced a rogue seagull was plotting to steal my croissant (more on the food later).

Cleanliness & Safety – Because Let's Face It, We’re All Germaphobes Now:

Look, COVID has turned us all into obsessive hand-washers. And Escape to Paradise gets it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays… it was like living in a hospital (but with a pool with a view!). They even had hand sanitizer everywhere. Felt a bit excessive, but hey, I wasn't complaining. They clearly take hygiene certification seriously, and the staff, bless their hearts, were all masked up and trained in safety protocols. The room sanitization opt-out was a nice touch, allowing you to feel in control.

The Room: My Cozy Fortress (with a Few Quirks):

Once inside our room, the “escape” part really kicked in. Non-smoking rooms were a must for us, and the soundproof rooms were a godsend, particularly from the raucous pool parties. Seriously, that swimming pool [outdoor] looked amazing (until you hit the water temperature. Brrr!).

The room itself? Well, let's just say it had everything. Air conditioning that worked like a charm. A desk for those (few) moments I felt responsible and needed to do some work. A refrigerator to keep my wine chilled (a necessity). The bed? Ah, the extra long bed was a glorious, cloud-like experience. I nearly fell asleep the second I hit the pillow! Blackout curtains were another godsend for a light sleeper like me.

Now for the quirks:

  • Ironing facilities: I'll be honest, I didn't even touch the iron. I came to relax, not simulate a sweatshop.
  • The mirror: Let's just say, I could see EVERYTHING. Including the five o' clock shadow I needed to shave.
  • Bathrobes. The most comfortable thing in my life.

Oh, and the bathroom? Private and clean, with a separate shower/bathtub arrangement. Plus, the best part, complimentary toiletries to the max!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Conundrum:

This is where things get… interesting. The sheer volume of food options at Escape to Paradise is enough to make your head spin. Restaurants, bars, snack bars, poolside bar… it's all a bit over the top.

The breakfast [buffet] was a classic example. Western breakfast, Asian breakfast, buffet in restaurant - take your pick! The spread was HUGE, but honestly, I'm not a huge buffet person. I'm more of an "order-room-service-in-my-bathrobe" kind of gal. So, the room service [24-hour] option? Heavenly. And yes, I took advantage of the bottle of water, plus the coffee/tea in restaurant.

I did try the a la carte in restaurant one night. Delicious, but the whole experience was a little… formal, for my taste. I’d much prefer something more casual.

Things To Do (Or, How I Spent My Days):

Right. So, relaxation. Ah, yes, the sweet promise of a holiday. Swimming pool, check (though, as mentioned, it was FREEZING!). Spa, spa/sauna, steamroom, foot bath… the list goes on and on. I definitely indulged in a massage. And it was pure bliss. Worth every penny.

The fitness center? I glanced at it. From the outside. Once. I may have walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes once. Let's be honest, I came to escape. Not to punish myself and feel more guilty eating all the pastries.

The Perfect Day? Let Me Paint You a Picture:

Wake up. Breakfast in room. (Yes, the breakfast takeaway service exists, but where's the fun in that?). Slather myself in sunscreen. Walk to the pool with a view. Read a book. Sip a cocktail from the poolside bar. Wander back to the room, take a nap. Then, order room service. Repeat. Bliss.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag:

Concierge was helpful. Dry cleaning was a lifesaver, after a particularly muddy hike. Luggage storage was essential, after my luggage issues. The daily housekeeping was flawless. But the convenience store? A bit overpriced. Wi-Fi [free] worked flawlessly, but **Internet [LAN]' was a bit complicated.

Getting Around: Navigating the Local Terrain

Car park [free of charge] was a bonus, and a decent one. While airport transfer was superb, the taxi service was a bit hit and miss.

Things I Didn't Try (But They Were There!):

  • Babysitting service. (Not applicable)
  • Meeting/banquet facilities & seminars. (Nah.)
  • Shrine. (Didn't see one.)

The Verdict: An Escape with a Few Hiccups

Escape to Paradise? It's a strong contender. The sheer number of amenities is overwhelming, and sometimes a little exhausting. But the location is beautiful, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are comfortable. I felt safe, comfortable, and well-catered for – in a way. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway, but be prepared for a bit of sensory overload! You might need a vacation from your vacation. 4 out of 5 stars (with a slight deduction for the icy pool and the sheer overwhelmingness of it all). But yeah, I would definitely go back. Seriously, I already miss that bed.

Escape to Paradise: Your Private Croatian Villa Awaits!

Book Now

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because planning this trip to Premium Apartment in Barban, Croatia with a Private Pool? Let's just say it's been a JOURNEY. Forget perfection, we're aiming for a gloriously wonky, wine-stained masterpiece.

The "Get Me Out of This Hellhole" Itinerary (and the occasional moment of actual bliss)

Day 1: Arrival and the "Is This Real Life?!" Moment

  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Great Escape (from my desk). Flight to Pula Airport (PUY). God, I hate packing. Always overpacked, always underprepared. This time though? Swimsuit x 5, just to be safe, and a giant inflatable flamingo named "Flossie." Don't judge. Anxiety levels: High. Coffee consumption: Excessive. Border crossings: Praying the passport is still valid.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Land, Breathe, and Survive. (And hopefully, my checked bag does too.) Car rental pickup. First gut feeling: They're gonna ding me for scratches I swear I didn't make. (They did.)
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: The Scenic Drive to Barban. Finding the apartment. "Premium" apartment, you say? My expectations are wildly fluctuating. Hoping for chic, preparing for slightly dingy-but-charming. Fingers crossed for air conditioning that actually works!
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Check-in and the first swim. The pool better be as blue as the pictures, because if not… well, let's just say I'll be having words with Booking.com. Unpack, ditch the jeans (thank GOD), and dive in. First impressions are key. Hopefully, not the "found a dead rat" kind of key impression.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Settle in, explore the surroundings of the apartment, maybe a little bit of "ooh and aah" here and there. Maybe a short walk to get a taste of the area and get to know the neighborhood - will definitely eat something delicious at a restaurant later.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Grocery store run. Essentials: Wine. Cheese. Bread. More wine. Is it a bad idea? Probably. Will I regret it? Absolutely not. Navigating a Croatian supermarket: A thrilling adventure in itself. Probably end up buying something I can't identify and regret it. Worth it.
  • 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner on the Private Pool Patio. Uncork the wine, grill some questionable sausages (I'm no chef, okay?). Embrace the chaos. The first sunset in Istria. Potential for pure, unadulterated joy. Or, at least a good buzz.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Stargazing and pool time with my partner, with some casual conversation, and if this is a premium apartment, I'd be expecting to get a jacuzzi or massage in the apartment. If I'm lucky.

Day 2: Pula & Ancient Wonders (And the inevitable minor disaster)

  • 9:00 AM: Coffee and croatian breakfast. Prepare for the day.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Pula exploration. Roman Arena: Check. Temple of Augustus: Check. Feeling historically cultured. Except I might have accidentally called the Arena a "colosseum" and then got into a minor spat with a tour guide about the difference. My bad.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch in Pula. Finding a restaurant that's not a tourist trap. Ordering something I can actually pronounce. Praying it doesn't involve tentacles. (Seriously, give me a heads up.)
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: More Pula. Wandering the streets, getting lost. Buying a silly souvenir. Hopefully, nothing that takes up too much suitcase space. I already have Flossie.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Minor Disaster: Let's face it, something will go wrong. Flat tire? Wrong turn? Accidentally ordering a shot of something that tastes like gasoline? (It's happened.) Embrace the chaos. Maybe my partner will go out of his way to help me.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Relaxation on the way back to the apartment, and a change of clothes to refresh.
  • 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Pasta? Seafood? Overthinking the menu. Probably end up ordering the pizza.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Sunset swim, maybe some night swimming in the pool, and a little bit of wine. Repeat.

Day 3: The Istrian Countryside (and the quest for the perfect olive oil)

  • 9:00 AM: Some breakfast, but I'll be on the lookout for a place that sells a good one.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Exploring the Istrian countryside. Driving the winding roads. Admiring the scenery… and probably getting mildly carsick. Must. Remember. Ginger chews. Visit to a small, authentic town. Finding a hidden gem of a restaurant. Eating something completely unknown to me and loving it (or hating it. Who knows?).
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: The Olive Oil Quest. Istria is famous for it. Hunting down the perfect bottle. Taste testing. Becoming an (instant) olive oil expert. Will probably buy way too much and then spend the rest of the trip trying to figure out how to get it home.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch in a small restaurant. Trying some local food. There is this feeling that I might actually go with my partner here.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Exploring the countryside. Maybe a visit to a local market. Smelling the herbs. Feeling all zen. Until my partner's phone dies, and we get lost, again.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Return to the apartment so we can rest.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Trying to eat at a new restaurant, hopefully it will be a good one.
  • 7:00 PM onwards: Pool, wine, star gazing. Repeat.

Day 4: The Great Beach Day and the Sunset Obsession

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast, coffee. Planning a beach day at one of the coastal towns.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Beach day. Finding a beach with actual sand (not rocks!). Sunbathing. Swimming. Lounging. Avoiding the sun. (Or at least trying to).
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at the beach. Fresh seafood. Cold drinks. Feeling carefree.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: More beach. Reading a book. Napping (possibly. Maybe. Probably). People watching.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Wandering back to the apartment, where my partner is waiting.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Sunset Obsession. Finding the perfect spot to watch the sunset. Driving around until finding the perfect spot. Taking way too many photos. Trying to capture the magic. Failing miserably, but loving it anyway.
  • 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner out, and trying a new restaurant.
  • 8:00 PM onwards: Night swimming in the private pool. Reflecting. Feeling grateful. Maybe a little bit tipsy.

Day 5: Departure Day (aka the "Don't Make Me Leave" Blues)

  • 9:00 AM: Last breakfast. Trying not to cry into my coffee. Realizing I'm going to miss this. A lot.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Packing (the dreaded task). Trying to fit everything back into the suitcase. Giving up. Stuffing clothes in haphazardly.
  • 12:00 PM: Final swim in the pool. Soaking it all in. Saying goodbye to Flossie (or, at least, promising to take
Croatia's Dream Escape: Luxurious Pool Home in Maslenica!

Book Now

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia```html

Escape to Paradise: Your Private Pool Awaits in Stunning Barban, Croatia - FAQ (Because Let's Face It, You Have Questions!)

So... Barban, Croatia? Is it, like, actually *stunning*? I'm skeptical.

Okay, alright, let's be real. "Stunning" gets thrown around A LOT. I walked in with the same skepticism. I figured, "Croatia? Gorgeous photos, probably a letdown in person." WRONG. Barban is... well, okay, I actually teared up a little the first day. I'm not usually one for dramatic scenery, but driving up to the villa, I swear the light hitting the rolling hills... it was like a Renaissance painting. Tiny, charming villages clinging to the hillsides. Vineyards everywhere you look. The air? Crisp. Clean. *Breathtakingly* so. Seriously. Pack tissues. You might need them. (And yes, it ACTUALLY *smells* like the pictures. That amazing pine-meets-lavender thing? Real.) This is not some manufactured tourist trap. It's the real deal. Just... be prepared to be humbled by beauty. I still can't quite believe it. I’m trying to find the words to explain how charming it is, but I’m failing. Sorry, it's just… breathtaking.

The pool. Tell me about the pool. Is it, like, postcard perfect or just a glorified puddle? Because photos can lie.

Okay, the pool. THE POOL. Again with the potential for disappointment, right? Like, 'Yeah, the photos look amazing, but in reality… algae and questionable cleanliness.' Nope. This pool... it's bigger than it looks in the pictures, first of all. And the water? CRYSTAL clear. They clearly take *pride* in this thing. We spent HOURS in that pool. Seriously. Hours. Floating, sipping wine (more on that in a minute), just… existing. The best part? Absolute privacy. No screaming kids splashing you. No obnoxious guy doing laps at 6 AM. Just you, your chosen people, and pure, unadulterated relaxation under the Croatian sun. I actually had a moment where I thought, "This is it. This is as good as it gets." And it actually *was* pretty darn close. Oh, and the pool toys? Bring some. Trust me.

What's the villa like? Is it actually comfortable? I want AC!

Comfortable? Oh honey, it’s *lavish*. It’s the kind of place where you feel like you’re living in a magazine. The AC? Absolutely. Thank GOD. It's hot in Croatia in the summer. The decor is all that rustic charm, with a modern touch, but not in a cheesy "attempt at being modern" way. Think exposed stone walls, but then, like, *amazing* bathrooms. Super comfy beds. Plenty of space. Seriously, you won’t feel cramped. And the kitchen? Fully equipped. We cooked some amazing meals. And ate them outside, of course. Under the stars. With our wine. (See, I told you I'd get back to that wine...!)

Okay, you mentioned wine. What's the deal with local food & drink? Do I need to pack a suitcase full of snacks?

Do NOT pack a suitcase full of snacks! Seriously, the food in Barban and the surrounding area is AMAZING. Okay, I'm drooling just thinking about it again. The prosciutto? Heavenly. The olive oil? Unbelievably good. The seafood? Fresh, fresh, fresh. And the wine… oh, the wine. We stumbled upon a little winery a few kilometers away from the villa. The owner, this sweet old Croatian woman, barely spoke English, but we somehow managed to communicate our enthusiasm through lots of pointing and gesticulating. She poured us glasses of the most amazing, fruity red wine I have ever tasted. We bought several bottles. And yes, we drank them all, by the pool. (See? Full circle!) You'll find amazing restaurants tucked away in the little villages. Prepare to eat well. Prepare to gain a few pounds. Prepare to *not* regret a single bite. Though, pack some digestive biscuits. Just in case. (And probably a few extra pairs of stretchy pants.)

What's there to *do* in Barban besides sit by the pool and drink wine (tempting as that sounds)?

Alright, alright, I hear you. I know, lazy days by the pool are the ultimate goal, but there *is* life beyond the villa. Though, honestly, I was perfectly content staying put for a week! But if you must: There's the town of Barban itself, which is charming and has a medieval history. There’s this amazing trail through the Istrian landscape you can go hiking, go to the caves of Barban(I didn’t, I regret this!). There are amazing day trips to the coast, like Pula (ancient Roman amphitheater, anyone?) and Rovinj (picture-postcard perfect). You can explore the truffle region (yes, really). And the best part? Everything is manageable. Nothing feels overly crowded or touristy (except maybe Pula, but it’s still worth it). So yeah, there's stuff to *do*, but honestly, the best part is just *being*. Just soaking it all in. It's just...peaceful. In the truest sense of the word. Okay, I'm tempted to book it again right now!

How easy is it to get around? Do I need a car?

YES! You absolutely need a car. Public transport? Forget about it. Unless you want to spend your entire vacation stuck in the villa, you'll need to rent a car. Driving is relatively easy, roads are well-maintained (though some of the smaller roads can be a little... interesting, especially if you're used to perfectly straight roads). But it's worth it for the freedom to explore. Plus, some of the best restaurants and wineries are tucked away down those winding little roads. It’s part of the adventure! Just be prepared for some tight turns and maybe the occasional friendly cow blocking the road. (Seriously, that happened. Hilarious.)

What's the best time of year to visit?

Okay, this is purely my opinion, but I think you're going to get the best experience during shoulder season. Meaning, the late spring (May/June) or early fall (September/October). The weather is still gorgeous, the crowds are smaller (much smaller!), and you can get some amazing deals. We went in late September, and it was perfect. Sunny skies, warm temperatures, and a pleasant breeze in the evenings. Plus, all the restaurants were still open, but not completely overrun with tourists. I’ve heard high season (July/August) can get quite busy and the prices skyrocket. Avoid the craziness and go a little earlier or later. You won't regret it. Honestly, I'd go back in any season, but the shoulder season gives you the best of both worlds. Perfect weather, and a chill, relaxed vibe. Also, for certain, *it*'s going to have fewer mosquitoes.
Infinity Inns

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia

Premium Apartment in Barban with Private Pool Sajini Croatia