Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Rewa Raj Vilas Hotel in India!
Unbelievable Luxury… Or Just a Really Fancy Hotel? A Rewa Raj Vilas Review (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Rewa Raj Vilas in India and… well, it’s a lot. Let's be honest, the photos online are a tad misleading. Think of it this way: Imagine a Bollywood movie set meets… well, a really ambitious attempt at British colonialism. That pretty much sums it up.
SEO & Metadata (Because Apparently, I Need To Be Professional Sometimes):
- Keywords: Rewa Raj Vilas, India, Luxury Hotel, Rajasthan, Accessible Hotel, Spa, Swimming Pool, Fine Dining, Wheelchair Accessible, Reviews, Raj Vilas, Indian Hotels, Boutique Hotel, Unbelievable Luxury, Best Hotels India
- Description: A detailed and honest review of the Rewa Raj Vilas in India. Explore accessibility, dining, services, amenities, and overall experience with a real-world perspective (and a healthy dose of sarcasm). Is it really "Unbelievable?" Let's find out!
Accessibility: (The First Reality Check)
So, right off the bat, HUGE points for the elevator! That's a lifesaver. The website says "facilities for disabled guests," which, I'm cautiously optimistic about. I didn't personally need full wheelchair access, but I did notice some ramps and wider doorways. Wheelchair accessible sounds… okay. It's not perfectly seamless, like in some ultra-modern hotels, but it's definitely better than many places in India. The exterior corridor is…well it IS exterior. The Accessibility could be better, it's not going to wow anyone and I hope they improve on that.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Stomach's Perspective)
Alright, let's talk food. This is where things get… interesting.
- Restaurants/Lounges: There are several. They’re all…fancy. Like, crystal chandeliers, white tablecloths, the whole shebang. The restaurants themselves are a decent size and are located both inside and outside. The Poolside bar is a must. I spent hours watching the sun set there, sipping some overly-sweet cocktails (I’m not complaining. Honestly, I needed the sugar high). Good for the gram, for sure.
- Breakfast: The Asian breakfast was… different. (More on that later). The Breakfast [buffet] was, in a word, extensive. And by extensive, I mean you could easily spend an hour just navigating it. Fresh fruit, pastries, the works. They even had a Western breakfast section, complete with… bacon. And let me tell you, after weeks of Indian food, that bacon was a godsend. I ate my weight in their eggs benedict. You can get Breakfast in room, as well.
- Dinner: The A la carte in restaurant was a slightly less overwhelming experience than the buffet. I tried the butter chicken. The soup, served in a proper restaurant, was pretty darn good.
- Other: There's a coffee shop which came in handy when I needed a caffeine fix to recover from my dinner and all the walking. You can also order room service [24-hour]. I did it at 3 am one night, for giggles, and it was… prompt.
My Biggest Food Fails/Triumphs
Okay, I swear I'm going to stop rambling. Let's talk about Dinner! One night I was feeling brave, and decided to get the A la carte in restaurant , and let me tell you: the portions! I ordered the butter chicken, and while it was delicious, it was a tiny portion. Also, the Vegetarian restaurant has some really good options, but they are also tiny portions. My advice would be to order a lot!
Cleanliness and Safety: (Post-Pandemic Anxiety Mode)
Okay, this is where Rewa Raj Vilas shined. They're clearly taking the whole pandemic thing seriously. Constant Hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE. Staff with masks. They even had a big ol’ tub of Anti-viral cleaning products and a team constantly Daily disinfection in common areas. I honestly felt safer there than I do at my local grocery store. They also provided Individually-wrapped food options, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Room sanitization opt-out available. Bravo. I also noticed a doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit. I didn't have to use either, but it's nice to know they're there!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (aka, Can I Just Lie Down?)
- Pool with view: Yes. Amazing. The view from the pool is just breathtaking and makes you feel like you're on top of the world!
- Spa/sauna: I treated myself to a massage. And the Spa itself was beautiful. The Body scrub and body wrap were the icing on the cake. Pure bliss.
- Fitness center: The Gym/fitness center was decently equipped, but let's be honest, I spent most of my time… lounging.
- Other: They had a Steamroom, too!
Services and Conveniences (The Nitty-Gritty)
- Stuff that's Awesome: The Concierge was genuinely helpful. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable (my room always smelled faintly of jasmine). Air conditioning worked like a charm, which is crucial in Rajasthan.
- Things You Expect: Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange. Yep, they've got it all.
- Business travelers: They had Business facilities like Meeting/banquet facilities and more.
- Other stuff: They have the facilities for Essential condiments, even a convenience store and a Gift/souvenir shop.
For the Kids (Thank Goodness I Don't Need This)
- Babysitting service. Yup.
- Family/child friendly. Hmmm… I’m not sure it’s ideally child-friendly. But they do have Kids facilities.
Rooms (The Details You Actually Care About)
- The Good: Air conditioning (crucial!), Free Wi-Fi, a Bathtub, a Coffee/tea maker, Daily housekeeping, a Desk, a Hair dryer, an In-room safe box, Non-smoking rooms, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Towels, Wake-up service. All the essentials, basically.
- The Okay: The decor… is a lot. Think ornate carvings, heavy fabrics, and a general feeling of “too much.” I was in a room with a balcony. It was a double room with a view.
- The Minor Issues: The Internet access – wireless was a little spotty at times (which made sharing my "unbelievable" experience with the world online a little challenging). Also, the High floor can sometimes feel a little too isolated.
Getting Around (And How Not to Get Lost)
- Airport transfer: Yes, available. Definitely use it!
- Car park [on-site]: Yes, Car park [free of charge] is also available!
- Taxi service: Also available.
Final Verdict (Drumroll, Please…)
Look, the Rewa Raj Vilas is… impressive. It's undeniably luxurious. But is it "unbelievable"? Maybe. If you love over-the-top opulence, impeccable service, and are willing to pay a premium, then you will enjoy it. It's a great option for a special occasion. But if you're looking for something a little more authentic, a little less… packaged, perhaps look elsewhere.
Would I go back? Hmm… maybe. If someone else was paying. And if they promised to let me near that pool again. And that bacon. Oh, the bacon…
Sunvillage Malia: Crete's BEST Boutique Hotel & Suites? (You Decide!)Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary ain't your grandma's meticulously planned vacation schedule. We're going to Rewa Raj Vilas by Royal Collection Hotels and Resorts in India. And trust me, it's gonna be a wild ride. Prepare for a trip full of surprises, questionable food choices, and me trying to find my inner peace (or at least a decent cup of coffee).
Day 1: Arrival, Astonishment, and the Awkward Autograph Session (Probably Not)
- 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up with the crushing realization that I'm not a morning person. The alarm clock and my inherent laziness are mortal enemies. Stumble out of bed, vaguely remembering to pack.
- 7:30 AM: A frantic scramble to find my passport. Turns out it's been lodged in the back of my sock drawer. God knows how it got there.
- 8:00 AM: Flight to Rewa.
- 17:00 PM (ish): Land in Rewa. Oh boy, the heat hits you like a brick wall! And the air… it's thick with the smell of… well, everything. It's a sensory overload in the best way possible.
- 18:00 PM: Check into Hotel Rewa Raj Vilas. Okay, wow. Just wow. The lobby is all marble and chandeliers. I feel completely underdressed in my travel sweats. The staff greet me with the kind of polite smiles that make you suspect they're judging your luggage.
- 19:00 PM: Settle into the room. It's HUGE. Seriously, I could probably hold a small ballroom dance in here. Find the mini-bar, assess the situation. Discover that I seem to have forgotten to pack a bottle opener. Sigh.
- 20:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Attempt to order something "authentic." End up with a plate of something vaguely orange-colored and spicy. My taste buds are in shock. Try not to make eye contact with the waiter.
- 21:30 PM: Stumble back to the room. Watch some Bollywood on TV (because, why not?). Wonder if I’ll ever learn to tell the difference between a Bollywood romance and a Bollywood action film. They seem the same to me…
- 22:30 PM: Crash into bed. Dream of air conditioning and finding a decent cup of coffee.
Day 2: The Palace, the Panic, and the Pursuit of Perfect Chai
- 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up, slightly less grumpy than yesterday. The coffee situation is still dire. Curse my lack of planning.
- 9:00 AM: Explore the hotel. The grounds are beautiful. I wander around, feel a bit like I'm in a fairy tale of sorts.
- 10:00 AM: Visit the Palace of Rewa. The history of the palaces, the Maharajas, the whole thing… I try to absorb it all. It's absolutely breathtaking, a truly majestic sight to behold. I feel like a tiny ant standing before an enormous, glittering monolith.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel. Try to order something less spicy this time. Fail. My stomach is starting to stage a small rebellion.
- 13:00 PM: Get lost in the local markets. The sounds, the smells, the sheer chaos… it's overwhelming and amazing. I buy something I absolutely do not need (some kind of intricately carved wooden thing). Regret it almost immediately.
- 15:00 PM: The Chai Quest! I'm on a mission. I need perfect chai. I sample chai from every vendor I can find. Many are too sweet, many are tepid. Many are just… wrong. This pursuit will be an all-day affair, which ultimately, will be an all-trip affair.
- 18:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Attempt to unwind with a massage. The masseuse is very serious. I giggle uncontrollably during the shoulder rub. Awkward.
- 20:00 PM: Dinner. Decide to stick to something familiar. (Read: pizza). Feel a pang of guilt.
- 21:00 PM: Sit on the balcony staring out at the city. I make a pledge to finally learn how to tell the difference between the sitar and the sarangi.
- 22:00 PM: Try to read. Fall asleep in the middle of a sentence.
Day 3: A Safari, A Swear, and a Moment of Zen (Maybe)
- 7:00 AM: Rise. The hotel coffee continues to disappoint. Grumbling commences.
- 8:00 AM: Head out for a safari. The road is bumpy, and the jeep feels like it's about to fall apart. The scenery is stunning, though. I spot a few exotic birds, maybe one or two monkeys. The whole thing feels like a movie waiting to happen.
- 10:00 AM: The safari continues. We see… nothing. Crickets. The guide clearly hates his job. I start to get hangry.
- 11:00 AM: Finally! A glimpse of a tiger! The guide suddenly gets excited, but I'm too busy fumbling with my camera. The pictures are blurry, and the magical moment passes. I mutter a few choice words under my breath.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local shack. The food is delicious. I consider apologizing to my stomach for the previous two days of abuse.
- 13:00 PM: The Safari continues again. I swear, this time, I will be prepared. We are following a trail. We spot a few exotic birds, maybe one or two monkeys.
- 15:00 PM: Stumble back to the hotel, dusty and exhilarated.
- 16:00 PM: I find the hotel's yoga class. Attempt to do some sun salutations. End up tangled in a yoga mat, and the instructor gives me a look that says, "You're doing it wrong." Give up.
- 17:00 PM: Another attempt at finding perfect chai. Fail. I begin to ponder if it's even possible.
- 19:00 PM: Dinner, and a heartfelt conversation with the waiter about the merits of paneer.
- 20:00 PM: Read some more. Reflect on the day's adventures.
- 21:00 PM: Make a mental note to pack a decent coffee maker for the next trip.
Day 4: Goodbye, Rewa (Hopefully With a Better Coffee Situation)
8:00 AM: Wake. The coffee situation remains critical. I contemplate stealing a coffee maker from the lobby.
9:00 AM: One last attempt to find the perfect chai. (It's a long shot, I know).
10:00 AM: Breakfast. Some sort of spiced porridge. Surprisingly delicious.
11:00 AM: Pack. Realize I've bought way too many souvenirs. Realize I don't care.
12:00 PM: Check out of the hotel. The staff is still smiling politely. I manage to restrain myself from asking if they ever get tired of the heat.
13:00 PM: Transfer to the airport.
15:00 PM: Flight back home. Review my messy, imperfect, and utterly fantastic trip, and smile.
18:00 PM: Reaching home. I am exhausted, exhilarated, and already planning my next adventure.
Important Notes:
- I'm going to pack twice the medicine I think I'll need.
- I should probably try to learn a few basic Hindi phrases.
- Coffee is a non-negotiable item. Maybe I should consider bringing my own.
- I'll definitely need to find a way to take the memories with me.
This, my friends, is the truth. It's a trip, not a fairy tale. And it's all the more beautiful for it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find a coffee shop.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Schonsee, Germany Holiday Home with Breathtaking Views!Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Rewa Raj Vilas - FAQ (and My Totally Unfiltered Thoughts!)
Okay, so you're considering the Rewa Raj Vilas, huh? Let's be real, the photos online look like they're straight out of a fairytale. But is the reality as dazzling? Buckle up, buttercup, because I've got some (slightly chaotic) answers for you.
1. What's the vibe? Is it actually as fancy as it looks?
Vibe check: utterly, ridiculously posh. Think Downton Abbey meets Indiana Jones (minus the colonialism, hopefully!). Yes, it's fancy. Really fancy. Like, I walked in and felt the sudden urge to speak in a formal accent I definitely don't possess. The architecture alone is breathtaking. You're basically living in a palace… a *very* nice palace.
But! And this is important. It's *not* stuffy. Well, mostly. There are touches of genuine warmth, a little bit, beneath the polish. The staff… some of them are incredibly lovely, others feel a tad… rehearsed. Still, the sheer grandeur is undeniable. My jaw actually *dropped* when I saw the main courtyard. And I’m not a “jaw dropping” kind of person. It's basically a place where you feel you should be sipping champagne and having a butler. Which, you know, you *can* do.
2. The Rooms: Worth the Hype (& Price Tag)?
Alright, the rooms. This is where things get *properly* interesting. Yes, they're incredible. And yes, the price tag… ouch. I mean, you could probably buy a small car for what a night costs. BUT! And it's a big but... the bedding is like sleeping on a cloud made of unicorn farts (in the best way possible, obviously). The bathrooms? Marble galore. And *that* view from the balcony? Forget about it. My room, a "Royal Suite" (they had me on a budget, so I wasn't *actually* royalty) was seriously epic. The sheer space! I could have hosted a small dance-off in the living room. Which, I did, because why not?
Okay, the truth? The air conditioning struggled one night. Minor detail, I know. But I woke up sweating and slightly cranky. They fixed it immediately. But I was like, "Seriously? Even palaces have their off days?" Still... overall, the rooms? Absolutely, unequivocally worth it… if you can stomach the cost. If not, window shopping is also fun, I guess?
3. The Food: Gastronomic Heaven or Bland Tourist Trap?
Okay, food. This is a roller coaster, folks. Some meals were genuinely *divine*. The Indian dishes were a revelation. I’m talking melt-in-your-mouth lamb rogan josh, spicy curries that made me sweat (happily!), and naan bread that was so fluffy I nearly wept. The breakfast buffet? A sin of delicious proportions. Seriously. I ate enough fresh fruit to fill a small swimming pool.
Then, the flip side. The "western" options... well, let's just say they weren’t their strong suit. The pasta was a bit… sad. The burger? Avoid. Stick to the Indian food, trust me. And the service speed? Sometimes it was lightning fast and spot on. Other times? I felt like I was waiting for a bus that may or may not arrive. So yeah, mixed bag. But the good bits were *really* good.
4. The Pool & Spa: Blissful Relaxation or Overpriced Disappointment?
The pool? Gorgeous. Absolutely picture-perfect. Crystal clear water, stunning views... it's a classic Instagram backdrop. I spent a solid afternoon there, lounging on a sunbed, sipping a cocktail, and trying to pretend I was a glamorous socialite. It worked, mostly.
The spa? Okay, here's where things get… complicated. The treatments were lovely. The massage was *amazing*. But the prices? Let's just say my bank account is still recovering. And the facilities themselves, while nice, weren't quite as luxurious as the rest of the hotel. It felt a tad… impersonal. Like a really nice, but slightly soulless, hotel spa. Worth it? Maybe for a special occasion. Otherwise, stick to the pool and soak up the free sunshine.
5. What about the Staff? Always Polite But Is It Genuine?
Here’s where it gets tricky. The staff are impeccable. Polite, attentive, and always willing to help. Seriously, they’re *phenomenal*… most of the time. There’s a certain level of polished performance that’s expected. You see it everywhere in the high-end hotel landscape, and Rewa isn’t immune. But… oh! There was this one time, I needed help with the air-conditioning. It was broken. I looked for someone, and there was a young man… looking utterly lost. I’m a small woman. He was clearly nervous. But he found someone to help. He smiled. I felt… oddly, *seen*, that day. It was good, authentic. The "performance" fell away for a moment.
I think, with some of them, especially the managers and the butlers, it’s all practiced, honed after years of training. But occasionally, you get a genuine smile, a real conversation. And those are the moments that make the place feel truly special... even if some of them are a little over-the-top.
6. What's Nearby? Is the Hotel an Isolated Bubble?
Okay, so you've arrived at the palace. Now what? Well, Rewa Raj Vilas is a bit isolated. You're not exactly stumbling into a bustling city center. But for the most part? You don't need to leave. They have everything. Tours can be arranged. It's a bubble. A luxurious, air-conditioned, cocktail-filled bubble. And honestly? Sometimes, that's exactly what you want. When you eventually decide to do so, you'll need to make arrangements. Hire a car. Pre-book. It's a little more involved, but not necessarily a bad thing.
7. The Verdict: Should You Go?
Alright, the million-dollar question (probably close to what a night costs!). Should you go? If you have the budget, absolutely. But manage your expectations. It's not perfect. It's got its quirks. The food is uneven. TheHidden Stay