Liverpool Resident: Your Ultimate Guide to the Reds!
Liverpool Resident: My Reds-Obsessed Guide – (Plus, Did I Find Heaven?)
Alright, alright, alright! Fellow Reds, buckle up, because I've just emerged from a whirlwind stay at Liverpool Resident: Your Ultimate Guide to the Reds! and… well, it's a lot. Let's just say my heart rates went from "meh" to "Y.N.W.A." faster than you can say "Klopp." You're probably thinking, "Another hotel review?" But trust me, this is different. This is, dare I say, a pilgrimage… to a football-fueled sanctuary.
(Metadata & SEO Stuff First, then the Real Deal)
Keywords: Liverpool Resident, Liverpool Hotels, Anfield, Reds, Football, Hotel Review, Spa, Pool, Accessibility, Liverpool Accommodation, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Restaurants, Gym, Spa, Best Liverpool Hotel, Cleanliness, Safety.
Meta Description: Dive into my brutally honest review of Liverpool Resident, the ultimate hotel for Red fanatics! Discover its accessibility, amenities, dining, and whether it truly delivers on the promise of a perfect stay. Plus, I share my unfiltered experience, from the spa bliss to the… well, let’s just say it wasn't all smooth sailing.
(Deep Breath… Now the Real Stuff!)
Okay, so first impressions: the energy hits you hard. Even the lobby is decked out in subtle (and not-so-subtle) Reds memorabilia. It’s like walking into a shrine. And I’m here for it. Actually, I wasn't expecting to be here. It was all my mate, Dave. He booked the whole thing – a surprise birthday treat. Bless him.
Accessibility: Right, so I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did notice the hotel seemed pretty good on this front. The website bangs on about accessibility, and I think I saw some ramps, elevators, and stuff. I might be wrong. (I'm not really a ramp-spotter). But they did say something about that, which is a plus.
The Rooms (Available in all rooms!):
My room? A haven. Air-con, of course (essential in Liverpool, right?…right?!), and the blackout curtains? Absolute godsend. I’m a terrible sleeper. The free Wi-Fi was a breeze (essential for checking the latest transfer rumours, obviously). And the air conditioning was a lifesaver in a heatwave. The mini-bar? Filled with all the essential treats (bottled water, which was free! I swear that's a victory!). The private bathroom was lovely, and the shower had good pressure. I actually didn't use the bathtub – who has time? But it did look… bathtub-y. Bathrobes and slippers! Nice touch. In-room safe box a must.
(Okay, slight confession: I did lose a small fortune at the casino in the city. The fact I still had SOME money left in the in-room safe box was a huge relief.)
The room itself? Comfortable. Clean. But, and this is a big but… the decor! It's red. Everywhere. Red accents, red pillows, the red glow of the "wake-up" light (I didn't use the alarm, the wake-up service was needed, every day.). I mean, it’s supposed to be a Reds hotel, I get it, but after a few days, I was seeing red even when I closed my eyes.
Internet (yes, it's important): Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – fantastic. Internet [LAN]? Didn’t bother. I was on the Wi-Fi! Fast and reliable. Internet services? Not sure. I think they offered some. I’ll be honest, I didn’t really use the facilities. Not unless they let you watch football (which I did).
The Spa – A Moment of Pure Bliss (Finally!)
Now THIS is where things get interesting. After a few days, I needed a detox, from the constant chanting of "You'll Never Walk Alone" in the lobby and the red… everything. So I wandered into the spa. And oh my god.
Spa/Sauna: Yes, the spa! The holy grail! The sauna! I feel like I lived in that sauna for an age; I could feel all the pints and kebabs just melting away. Seriously, pure bliss. I could even get myself in shape at the fitness center! Massage: I did get a massage. It was the best massage in my entire life. I wanted to stay there forever. The therapist was brilliant; I felt every muscle releasing the tension of a very stressful few weeks. Body wrap, body scrub, foot bath - didn't use.
Swimming Pool (Outdoor): The pool with a view was gorgeous. Honestly, the swimming pool itself was nice, and it was really chilled out. I wasn't expecting that - it's like they managed to create a miniature paradise in the middle of the city.
Cleanliness and Safety:
I was slightly paranoid about the whole COVID thing (still am, to be fair). And Liverpool Resident seemed to take it seriously. Loads of hand sanitizer everywhere, staff in masks, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and daily disinfection in common areas. They even talked about anti-viral cleaning products - a plus! They also had rooms sanitized between stays - which is reassuring. Honestly, I saw them cleaning; they were on it!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Fuel of a Red!)
Okay, let's talk grub. This is where things get a bit… uneven.
Breakfast (The Good): Breakfast [buffet] and a Western breakfast were good. Plenty of options, and the coffee/tea in the restaurant was decent enough to kickstart the day. Restaurants: there are several, including a vegetarian restaurant (never went), but I did try the main restaurant. Happy Hour! Amazing.
Breakfast takeaway service: yes, they have that.
Dining, drinking, and snacking (the bad): Room Service [24-hour]: I ordered a burger once, which was cold and took ages to arrive. I was so gutted; it ruined my mood for the rest of the evening. Snack Bar: the snack bar was, well, a bit sad and tired. Coffee Shop: OK, at least the coffee was good.
Services and Conveniences (The Practical Stuff):
Daily housekeeping – excellent. The staff were friendly and efficient. Concierge – helpful, although I didn’t use them much. I did use the car park [free of charge] – massive win!
For the Kids:
Babysitting service was available, but I didn’t use it (I don’t have kids). They seemed pretty family/child friendly, which is a plus. I noticed kids facilities – high chairs, etc.
Things to Do (Besides Worshiping at the Altar of Football)
Okay, this is where the hotel shines! (Besides the football stuff, obviously).
Things to do and ways to relax:
- The spa, which I've already gushed about.
- Fitness center - didn't use it (I was too busy enjoying the amenities)
- They organized trips to Anfield and all the important things.
- The terrace and the poolside bar were great.
- The bar was decent, and they played football on all the TVs.
Getting Around:
- Car park [on-site] - A massive win!
- Taxi service - available, but I walked mostly
- Airport transfer - I didn’t use it (again, car park)
The "Things That Annoyed Me" Bits:
- The red… it was a bit much. Maybe a neutral room option?
- That cold burger. Seriously.
- I would have liked a few more non-football activities, or maybe some general Liverpool tour recommendations.
The Verdict (And Did I Convert?)
Okay, so the Liverpool Resident: is it worth it? Absolutely, if you're a Reds fan. It's a pilgrimage, a celebration, a football-fueled fantasy. And that spa… I’d go back just for the spa alone.
Overall Score: 4.5 out of 5 (minus half a point for the cold burger and the red-overload). Would recommend to anyone who loves the Reds. And maybe, just maybe, to people who don't because now, I think Dave might have made me a convert.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Sunny Stavelot Holiday Home Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're heading to Liverpool! And I'm not promising a perfectly polished travel brochure of an itinerary. Consider this more of a chaotic love letter, a rambling, slightly-tipsy diary entry, and a desperate plea to understand why Scousers are so damn charming.
The Resident Liverpool: Liverpudlian Rhapsody (with a side of mild existential dread)
Day 1: Arrival, Architecture Porn, and a Questionable Curry
10:00 AM: Arrived in Liverpool. Flight was delayed, naturally. Already mentally calculating how much time I lost to the gods of airport security (aka, the TSA-equivalent in the UK). Seriously, do they enjoy rummaging through our lives? Anyway, finally made it to The Resident. First reactions: sleek, modern, clean… and a distinct feeling of being slightly out of my element. I'm more of a "lived-in charm" kind of person usually. But hey, room's nice, and the location is perfect – central, right on the cusp of EVERYTHING.
11:00 AM: Settled in. Briefly contemplated unpacking, then decided against it. The allure of the suitcase is strong, you know? Like a promise of future adventures. Headed straight out to wander.
Midday - 2:00 PM: Architecture Porn Time. Seriously, Liverpool, you're a looker. The Albert Dock! The Three Graces! The sheer scale of it all made my jaw drop. Had a moment of genuine wonder, followed by a quick spiral into the existential: how did humans build this?! (Answer: probably a lot of sweat and questionable working conditions. Anyway, amazing.) Took approximately a million photos. Probably deleted 90% of them later because, let's be honest, I have no clue how to operate a camera.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Managed to grab a ridiculously delicious (and overpriced, naturally) coffee from an overpriced hipster cafe. Saw several people with questionable beard-to-personality ratios. Started judging myself for judging them. Ate a particularly sad cheese and tomato sandwich because apparently, I'm addicted to them.
Evening: Tried to embrace the local cuisine. Found a "highly-rated" Indian restaurant. Ambience was… loud. The curry? Slightly undercooked. The naan bread? Rock hard. I had to politely send it back. Mortifying. The waiter looked at me like I'd broken a sacred rule. Lesson learned: stick to pizza next time. Went back to the hotel, watched some telly, and fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow.
Day 2: Beatles Mania (and a Crisis of Faith in Tourist Traps)
Morning: Woke up with a vague sense of disappointment about yesterday's culinary choices. Decided to embrace the tourist within and head straight for the Beatles Story. The line was long. The queue was slow. I started doubting my life choices almost instantly.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Beatles Story itself? Honestly, it was good. Really good. The nostalgia hit me like a freight train. The sheer volume of history in one place was incredible. I might have shed a tear during the John Lennon exhibit (don't judge me, he was a complicated artist). But let's be real, I also spent half the time side-eying all the other tourists. The sheer number of selfie sticks was astounding. I had to mentally prepare for the inevitable gift shop at the end.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Gift shop hell. I am weak against a Beatles t-shirt. I might have bought 3. And a mug. Don't tell anyone.
Afternoon: Walked around Mathew Street (home of the Cavern Club). It was packed. The energy was buzzing, but also a bit overwhelming. I had a brief moment of genuine, slightly cynical despair: Is this what tourism has become? A constant, swirling vortex of crowds, overpriced souvenirs, and the ghost of history? Then I heard some local buskers playing "Here Comes The Sun." Suddenly, the cynicism evaporated. The sun did come out (miraculously). The music did fill my soul. It's a weird, beautiful city.
Evening: Decided to try and blend in. Went to a pub. Ordered a pint. The bartender was unbelievably charming, possibly with a wink, I can't be sure. Started chatting to a group of locals. Ended up talking about football (which I know nothing about, but pretended to care), and local politics (even worse). They were lovely. I have no idea what was said, or how I found myself nodding in agreement with some of it, but I had fun. That's all that matters, right?
Day 3: Art, History, and a Last-Minute Attempt at Sophistication
Morning: Visited the Tate Liverpool. Modern art is… an experience. I spent a considerable amount of time staring at a blank canvas and trying to feel something. I think I mostly felt confused. Then, one of the exhibits reminded me of an incident in my childhood, and I ended up feeling very, very emotional. Art! It's a strange thing! And a good one.
Afternoon: Checked out the Merseyside Maritime Museum. It was surprisingly engaging, even for someone who doesn't know their stern from their bowsprit. Learned a lot about the city's history as a port. Realised that Liverpool has been through it-- and not in a pretty way. A good kick in the head.
Evening: Dinner at a slightly fancier restaurant. Attempted to look sophisticated. Failed miserably when I accidentally spilled something all over myself. The waiter, bless his heart, just grinned and said, "Aye, happens." Liverpool might just be winning me over.
Day 4: Departure (and a lingering feeling of… wanting more?)
Morning: The final breakfast at The Resident. Packed my bags. The suitcase, ever vigilant, waited and watched, ready to accompany us on the long road to the airport.
Late Morning: One last wander. Bought a Liverpool FC scarf (I've given in). Visited a vintage record shop and pretended I knew what I was looking for. Lost myself in the labyrinthine streets
Departure: Liverpool, you absolute mad city. You're a chaotic mix of history, charm, art, and slightly dodgy food. You're also (I hate to admit it) genuinely special. I'm leaving with a suitcase full of souvenirs, a head full of memories, and a renewed appreciation for the power of a good pub conversation. Liverpool, I'll be back. Even if I'm still slightly terrified of the curry.
Liverpool Resident: Your (Probably) Biased Guide to the Reds
Right, so, you're a Liverpool resident, huh? Does that mean you automatically know EVERYTHING about the Reds?
Haha! "Everything?" Mate, if I knew *everything*, I'd be in Jurgen's ear whispering tactics, not answering FAQs on the internet! I know *a lot*. I've seen good times, bad times, and enough dodgy referees to fill Anfield South. But yeah, living here, the Reds are basically in your blood, y'know? You can't escape it. Even the pigeons coo "You'll Never Walk Alone" on matchdays. So, am I an expert? Maybe not. Am I ridiculously opinionated? Absolutely. Prepare yourself.
What's the absolute BEST part about being a Liverpool supporter?
Bloody hell... where do I even *begin*? Okay, okay. The *best* part... that feeling, that goosebump-inducing, shiver-down-your-spine feeling when "You'll Never Walk Alone" hits *just* right before a game. Forget everything else. Forget the dodgy pies, the ridiculous prices of a pint... THAT'S it. I actually got a bit choked up just thinking about it, which is embarrassing! I remember, and I'm not proud to share this, during the 2005 Champions League final... I was at my mate's place, and the TV nearly got smashed after half-time. Then that miracle. I've never hugged so many strangers in my life. It's a collective experience. It's pure, unadulterated, emotional chaos, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Except maybe a winning streak longer than a week...
So, the worst part? Spill the tea.
The WORST? Alright, brace yourself. It's a three-way tie: 1) When we *almost* win the league. Again. The heartbreak is palpable. 2) The constant, unending, agonizing wait for VAR to make a bloody decision. It's like watching paint dry, narrated by a robot with a malfunctioning vocal processor. And 3) The bandwagoners. Oh, the bandwagoners. Suddenly *everyone* is a Liverpool fan. They're wearing the kit. They know *all* the players. And you KNOW they were cheering for Manchester United *last* year. It’s enough to make you want to renounce football altogether, and become a bloody cricket fan. (shudders)
Anfield. Describe it. Quickly.
Sacred. Loud. Electric. Smelly (in the best way - hot dogs and beer!). The Kop is a wall of noise and emotion. I’ve seen grown men, hardened blokes who wouldn’t shed a tear at their dog dying, blubbing in the stands. It's more than just a stadium, it's a cathedral of football. And the walk down Walton Breck Road on matchday? Amazing. You can practically feel the history seeping from the bricks. I still get shivers, even after all these years. Even when it's raining sideways. Which, let's be honest, is most of the time.
What's a good pub to watch a game in?
Oh, now you're talking my language! Okay, depends what you're after. For raucous atmosphere, The Albert is the usual. Massive screens, everyone singing, the works. But be warned: it gets PACKED. The Sandon is a classic, right near Anfield. Plenty of history there. If you want something a bit quieter, a bit... *less* mental, then you could try The Park or The Home. Depends on your mood, and how much you can stomach. And if you're feeling flush, the hotel attached to the stadium is a decent bet. Though, the prices are enough to bring tears to your eyes.
What’s the best advice you can give to someone visiting Anfield for the first time?
Right, listen up! First things first: arrive early. Soak it all in. WALK around the stadium, take it all in, and visit Paisley gate. Then? Get a scarf. Embrace the noise. Don't be shy about singing. Learn the songs. And for the love of all that is holy, respect the history. There's a reason why we are the way we are. We've been through hell, and we've come through the other side. Now get out there and enjoy the bloody experience! And... if you win, don't go home. Stay out celebrating.
What's your favorite Liverpool player of all time? (Prepare for controversy!)
Argh! This is the question that starts bar fights! Okay, okay. It's a tough one. So many legends. Dalglish? Absolutely. Gerrard? Of course. But for me? It's got to be Jamie Carragher. Pure grit. 1) He's a scouser. 2) He gave 200% every single time he put on that shirt. 3) He's brutally honest. He's not the flashiest player, but he was *everything* you needed from a defender. He lived and breathed the club. He bled red. I remember watching him play against AC Milan in the Champions League final... The man was a colossus! He's from Bootle, just outside Liverpool, and for me, epitomizes the spirit of the city. And to be honest, he had some dodgy haircuts, which just makes him all the more relatable, really. And his punditry is golden. There, I said it. Carra's my guy. Don't @ me.
What's one thing about supporting Liverpool that outsiders just *don't* get?
The *loyalty*. The unwavering, stubborn, sometimes *insane* loyalty. You can be losing 5-0, and the Kop will still be singing. We’ve seen enough heartbreaks to fill a library. We still sing in the rain. We can be proper deluded - "This year is *definitely* our year" is a running joke! And yet, *we don't give up*. We're a family, through thick and thin. And that's because we're from Liverpool! It's just... different. It's hard to explain if you're not part of it. It's a religion, almost. And honestly, sometimes the religion is all that keeps us going.