Ankara's Hidden Gem: The BEST Hotel You NEED to Book!
Ankara's Hidden Treasure: Forget the Tourist Traps, THIS Hotel Will Blow Your Mind! (Seriously, Book It!)
Okay, folks, listen up! I just got back from Ankara, and I'm still buzzing. Forget the bland hotels you see splashed across the internet; I've stumbled upon a true gem, a place that deserves ALL the praise. I'm talking about [Insert Hotel Name Here – Seriously, find out the real name!]. And no, this isn't just a gush piece – I'm going to give you the lowdown, warts and all, so you know exactly what you're getting into. (And trust me, you WANT to get into this!)
Accessibility: A Breath of Fresh Air (Finally!)
Let's start with a HUGE win: Accessibility. As someone who actually appreciates a hotel that anticipates needs and doesn't just pretend to, I was THRILLED. They've got designated wheelchair-accessible rooms (a MAJOR plus!), which is crucial for a comfortable stay. They also have an elevator, which is pretty standard nowadays, but still, a welcome feature. They really seem to have thought about things, including facilities for disabled guests. The fact they actually care about making it easy for everyone? Big points from me.
Cleanliness and Safety: They're Serious About This! (And I Love It!)
Now, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, especially post-pandemic (aren't we all?). This place? Utterly, completely, fantastically reassuring. They're clearly taking cleanliness and safety seriously. You can feel it.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? You betcha.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely.
- Plus, the staff are trained on the stuff, meaning they know what they’re doing! It gives you such peace of mind knowing it isn't just a box-ticking exercise. Makes a massive difference!
- Even the shared stationery was removed – smart!
The little things, the focus on hand sanitizer everywhere, the individually-wrapped food options at breakfast – it all adds up to this feeling of security. They even have a doctor/nurse on call. Just brilliant.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach is Still Recovering Delciously!
Okay, buckle up, because the food situation here is… insane. Let's start with the basics:
- They’ve got a restaurant. And another. And a poolside bar that will lure you over. And a coffee shop. Seriously, you won’t go hungry.
- A la carte in restaurant, buffet in restaurant – whatever your mood, they've got you.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant? YES! I’m a HUGE fan. I basically lived off their spring rolls.
- Western cuisine in restaurant, of course. And a vegetarian restaurant option too.
- Then the snacks! Just the snack bar alone… I may or may not have raided it more than once.
The variety is incredible. The quality? Top-notch. It's worth the trip just for the food, honestly.
My personal high point was, completely unexpectedly, their breakfast buffet. I'm not a huge buffet person, generally. I prefer a leisurely, made-to-order breakfast. But this… this was something else. Perfectly scrambled or fried eggs, the little pastries, and the strong Turkish coffee! They even had a separate section for the bread, which was all fantastic. I may have gone back for seconds… and then thirds. And they even offer breakfast in room!
Services and Conveniences: Your Every Need Catered To (Almost!)
This place is like a well-oiled machine. The front desk is 24-hour. The concierge? Super helpful. The daily housekeeping? Flawless.
- The luggage storage was a lifesaver when I had a late flight.
- They offer dry cleaning, ironing service, and laundry service which is amazing for longer stays.
- Currency exchange is available too. Convenience is the name of their game.
- The air conditioning in public areas was an absolute blessing.
There’s also a convenience store!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day? Yes, Please! (And the Pool!)
Listen, after a long day of exploring Ankara, you'll want to unwind. This hotel understands.
- They have a gorgeous swimming pool [outdoor] with an incredible pool with view. I spent hours just floating and staring up at the sky. Absolute bliss.
- Then there is the spa. I’m not very hardcore so I didn’t try everything, but the massage was fantastic. I'M a big fan of getting the knots worked out.
- The sauna, steamroom, and Spa/Sauna were all gorgeous.
I didn't get around to the fitness center, because, well, pastries. But it looked good.
Available in All Rooms: All the Comforts You Need (and Some You Don't!)
This is where this hotel really shines. The rooms are a DREAM.
- Air conditioning? Check. Essential in Ankara’s heat!
- Free Wi-Fi? YES! They have free Wi-Fi and the Internet access – wireless is fast.
- Free bottled water? A HUGE plus, especially in the heat.
- The blackout curtains are a lifesaver for those late-night lie-ins.
- Slippers and bathrobes? Nice touch!
- The coffee/tea maker in the room was perfect.
- And the reading light by the bed? Ideal for those late-night bookworms (like me!).
The Negatives (Because Nothing’s Perfect, Right?)
Okay, so no hotel is perfect. Here are a few minor quibbles:
- The breakfast takeaway service felt a little rushed at times. But I’m guessing this is because guests are in a hurry to see all the sights.
- Maybe slightly more Staff trained in safety protocol.
- The bottle of water situation felt a little stingy.
- And I'm picky, but I wish the mirror in my room had been positioned better for makeup application!
My Unsolicited Advice:
- Book direct. You'll likely get the best deals.
- Take advantage of the spa! Seriously, treat yourself.
- Eat everything. (Especially if you like Asian cuisine too!).
- Get a room with a view if you can! (It’s worth it.)
- Relax and enjoy!
- Also, for SEO, put the name of the hotel in!
Overall:
Look, I'm a tough critic. But this hotel? [Insert Hotel Name Here]? It's a winner. It’s not just a place to sleep; it’s an experience. It's comfortable, clean, safe, and the food is OUTSTANDING. More importantly, it shows genuine care and attention to detail. I will absolutely, without a doubt, recommend this hotel to anyone. Seriously – book it! You will not regret it. Consider this my official, heartfelt, and slightly obsessive stamp of approval. Go!
Austrian Alps Paradise: Infrared Heated Mittersill Apartment!Alright, buckle up buttercup! This isn't your grandma's pristine travel itinerary. This is MY survival guide for Ankara, and it's gonna get messy. We're talking Hotel Best Ankara, and by the time we’re done, we’ll either be best friends… or at least share some trauma. Deep breaths…
Ankara Adventure: A Hot Mess Express (Hotel Best & Beyond)
Day 1: Ankara Arrival & Hotel Humiliation (Okay, Maybe Not Humiliation)
Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Travel from Istanbul to Ankara by means of taking a flight, no breakfast, with a slight hangover (curse those airport beers!). Arrive at Esenboğa Airport. Seriously, airports are where all the worst smells converge, right? Like a buffet of stale pastries and existential dread. Try (and fail repeatedly) to remember basic Turkish phrases. "Merhaba" (you think?), “Teşekkür ederim?" (maybe?) And the ever-crucial “…where's the bathroom?”
Late Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Taxi from the airport to Hotel Best Ankara. Pray the driver understands my horrifically butchered attempts at Turkish. Check-in. Cross fingers for a non-smoking room. (I’m allergic to cigarette smoke, and honestly, who smokes indoors anymore? It's a biohazard!). First impression of the hotel… well, it looks like a hotel. You know? A building. With doors. And… hopefully a bed.
Midday (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Room assessment. Okay, it's… serviceable. The air conditioning is questionable, but the view might be alright if I squint. Briefly contemplate whether to try and figure out the TV or just stare at the wall. Decide to check the internet (essential for sanity). Wi-Fi… fingers crossed… Yes! Relatively fast… for now.
- Random Thought: Why do hotel sheets always feel like they've been ironed into submission? It's like sleeping on a giant, starched paper.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch break. Wander aimlessly (with a map, obviously) in search of a decent kebab and a cold drink. Get hopelessly lost within 10 minutes. Realize I'm surrounded by… well, almost everything's closed on Sunday. Finally find a small, somewhat questionable-looking place. Order something, and pray I don’t get sick. Eat it with a mixture of hunger and suspicion.
- Anecdote: Saw a very determined cat trying to catch pigeons. It was like watching a slapstick comedy. The cat was failing miserably but wouldn’t give up. Just utterly committed to the cause, much like me, trying to navigate this city.
Evening (4:00 PM - Onwards): Explore Anıtkabir (Atatürk’s Mausoleum). This is supposed to be AMAZING. I'm anticipating being…moved. Maybe. Or, you know, just slightly impressed. Wander around, try not to trip over anything or disrespect anyone. Soak in the atmosphere, (hopefully, this part is awesome!). Feel a bit overwhelmed, but also oddly… peaceful? Definitely worth the visit, and it's bigger than the hotel!
Night (7:00 PM - Late): Dinner at a recommended restaurant near the hotel. (Hopefully, I don't get lost again). Try to order something I can actually pronounce. Pretend to understand the waiter when they explain the dish. (I'll probably end up with something completely different). Fall into bed around midnight, exhausted, slightly delirious, and silently debating whether to set three alarms just in case.
Day 2: Museums, Monuments, and Mild Panic
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Attempt to visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Get lost. Again. Swear under breath. Finally arrive, slightly sweaty and defeated. Spend half the morning wandering in awe. The history of this place is actually really fascinating, despite my initial skepticism. Try not to touch anything (especially the ancient pottery).
- Anecdote: I swear, I saw a woman with a scarf that looked exactly like the ones my grandmother used to wear. Talk about a flashback! Miss her a lot.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Quick, cheap lunch somewhere close to the museum. Maybe another kebab? Or maybe, just maybe, a sandwich? Options, I'm so lost in a world of options.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Continue exploring Ankara. Visit Kocatepe Mosque. Spend some time just looking. Contemplate the world. Think about life, the universe and everything. The architecture is stunning. The energy is palpable. Wow.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 - 6:00 PM): Take a walk around. Look at the city from some vantage point. Realize how truly massive this city is. Start to internalize the fact, that even though I think I'm lost, I am still…here.
- Evening (6:00 PM - Onwards): Dinner. Maybe a cooking class? Or maybe just more kebabs? I'm kind of in a kebab-rut, although they are delicious… Decide what's for dinner, and deal with it. Head back to the hotel. Hope for a peaceful night.
Day 3: Departure
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Quick breakfast at the hotel (or maybe just coffee and stare at the wall). Pack. Pray everything fits. Check out. Try not to panic about getting to the airport on time. The concept of travelling back to Istanbul… fills me with a weird combination of relief and slight sadness. Leaving things behind is hard, I guess.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Taxi from the hotel to Esenboğa Airport. Last-minute souvenir shopping (because I always leave it to the last minute). More airport chaos.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM Onwards): Departure from Ankara. Reflect on the experience. Did I survive? Did I thrive? Probably a bit of both. Make a mental note to tell everyone about my crazy adventure. (Especially my therapist). And plan the next one. Because despite the mess, despite the occasional panic, travel is… kind of amazing. Or maybe it just makes me feel alive. And sometimes, that’s what really matters.
The End (For Now – Ankara, You’ve Been…Interesting.)
(P.S. Hotel Best Ankara, you weren’t the best, but you were…a hotel. And sometimes, that’s enough.)
Escape to Bavarian Bliss: Sauna & Chalet Await in Ruhpolding!