Cassa Hotel NY: Unbeatable 45th Street Luxury You Won't Believe!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling vortex of luxury that is the Cassa Hotel NY. "Unbeatable 45th Street Luxury You Won't Believe!" they scream. And honestly? They're kinda right. But let's get messy with it, shall we? Forget the polished brochure; this is the real deal.
SEO & Metadata Blast (because we have to):
- Keywords: Cassa Hotel NY, 45th Street, Luxury Hotel, New York City, Midtown, Spa, Fitness Center, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Bar, Pool, Business Travel, Family Friendly, Wheelchair Accessible, NYC Hotel Review, Hotel Reviews, Cleanliness, Safety, COVID-19 Precautions
- Meta Description: A brutally honest, laugh-out-loud review of the Cassa Hotel NY, a luxury haven on 45th Street. We delve into the good, the bad, and the surprisingly-glorious-despite-the-pricey-minibar. Accessibility, food, spa, safety… we cover it all, with maybe a few (okay, more than a few) tangents. Prepare to be informed and, hopefully, entertained.
The Arrival & Initial Impressions: It's a Vibe, Folks (Mostly a Good One)
Okay, first things first: that 45th Street location? Prime. Smack dab in the middle of everything. You step out, and BAM! You're practically tripping over Broadway theaters. It's electric. But the real test is how they handle the initial chaos of arrival.
- Accessibility: Now, I did see a wheelchair user smoothly navigate the check-in process. The Cassa does have facilities for disabled guests, and that's a huge win in a high-pressure city. The elevators were spacious, and the lobby wasn't a chaotic free-for-all.
- Check-in/out [express]: They offer a contactless check-in/out. I'm a sucker for this. Less human interaction, the better. (No offense, front desk!)
- Doorman: They've got these guys. The look is what you want. It’s the “I've seen it all, and I'm not impressed, but I'll still open your car door” kind of look.
- The Lobby: Now this is where the luxury starts to hit you. It felt… elegant. Not stuffy, thankfully. Just… well, the kind of place you want to linger. Plus, it had a faint smell of expensive cologne and ambition. (I may be making that up, but it felt like it.)
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (and Occasional Prison Cell – in a Good Way!)
Okay, let's talk about the room. This is where a hotel truly earns its stripes (or loses them).
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (thank GOD!), alarm clock (useless, in my case. I set like twenty alarms), bathrobes (yes, please!), coffee/tea maker (essential!), FREE WI-FI (huge, massive win!), mini-bar (we'll get to the pricey part later), private bathroom, refrigerator, safe box (I’d like a safe box for the anxiety of NYC, please!), satellite/cable channels, shower, slippers, smoke detector, soundproofing (blessed!), and… wait for it… a window that opens. Seriously, a window that actually opens in a New York hotel? Pure gold.
- Internet Access: Yes, all rooms had Wi-Fi (and LAN access if you're feeling old school). It's free. That's always a win.
- The Bed: Oh, the bed. I’m a sucker for a good bed, and I’m a sucker for a long day. You sink into that thing like it was a cloud with a vibrator inside it. (Okay, maybe that was my imagination.) The extra-long bed was perfect.
- The View: Depends on the room of course. I wasn't on the very top. The view was pretty NYC. It was loud with car horns, as it should be.
The Amenities: Spa Day! (and Did I Mention the Pricey Minibar?)
Alright, this is where the Cassa really tries to flex those luxury muscles. And mostly, they succeed.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom/Pool with View: The spa was divine. Honestly, it’s worth the price of admission alone. I got a massage (pure bliss!) And yes, there's a pool. And yes, the pool has a view. I spent WAY too long trying to find the best angle for a selfie, which is a pretty accurate indication of how great it was.
- Fitness Center/Gym: Gym was adequate. I’m not one for exercising on vacation, but IF you need to sweat, you’ve got options.
- The Minibar: The Great Rip-Off: Here is where it goes south, and then turns around. The minibar is a crime. A tiny bottle of water was like $10. I'm not kidding. I accidentally breathed near a bag of chips, and it added $20 to my bill.
- Body Wrap/Scrub: Didn't try it. Fear of price.
Food & Drink: Fueling the NYC Adventure (and Maybe Ruining My Bank Account)
Let's break down the culinary experience.
- Restaurants/Bar/Room Service: There's a restaurant or two on site, not a Michelin-star, but the convenience is amazing. And of course, room service is 24/7. Perfect for those late-night cravings (or existential crises).
- The Food Itself: The Asian Cuisine option at the Cassa was probably the highlight. I didn't love every single dish, but most of them were great. The breakfast buffet (Western and Asian options) was solid.
- Coffee Shop/Snack Bar: There's a coffee shop. Essential. (Especially after the minibar incident.)
- Vegetarian/Alternative Meal Arrangement: Good options!
Cleanliness & Safety: COVID-19 & Beyond (They Seemed to Care)
Look, in a post-pandemic world, this is critical.
- Anti-viral cleaning products/Daily disinfection/Rooms sanitized between stays: They seemed to be on top of things. They mentioned it, and you could see it.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: I didn't see any visible breaches. Everyone wore masks.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried. It's New York. It's tough to avoid people.
- Cashless payment service/Safe dining setup: Standard practices.
- First aid kit/Doctor/nurse on call: A comfort!
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (or Don't)
A breakdown of the extra-curriculars.
- Business Facilities/Meetings/Meeting/banquet facilities : The hotel seems built for business trips. It had a dedicated business center and various meeting spaces.
- Concierge/Luggage storage/Daily housekeeping: They're there!
- Laundry service/Dry cleaning/Ironing service: The world of an NYC hotel.
- Currency exchange/Gift/souvenir shop: Got ya covered.
For the Kids: Family Friendly? (Maybe, Eventually?)
- Babysitting service: They had this.
- Family/child friendly/Kids meal: Again, it was New York City.
Getting Around: Navigating the City (and Praying to the Subway Gods)
- Airport transfer: Yes, they can arrange it. (And you'll probably need it, NYC taxis are a nightmare.)
- Taxi service: (see airport transfer).
- Valet parking/Car park [on-site]: They do have parking (for a fee, naturally). Consider yourself warned: parking in NYC is an actual sport.
The Quirks, Quibbles, and Honestly Honest Moments:
- The Elevator Wait: Like all NYC hotels, you may have to wait for an elevator.
- The Price: It's not cheap. But you're in Midtown Manhattan. You're paying for the location, the views, and the overall experience of being pampered.
- The Loudness: This is New York. Things are loud.
- The Staff: Okay, here’s where they shine. They were friendly and quick.
Final Verdict: Should You Stay?
Look, the Cassa Hotel NY is an experience. It's not perfect. It’s not cheap. But if you want to be in the heart of the action, pampered, and relatively safe in a city that can sometimes feel like a pressure cooker, then yes, you should absolutely consider it. I had a really good time there. Highly recommended.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Home Awaits in Private Vessem, NetherlandsOkay, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to get WILD. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-organized itinerary. This is… my attempt at an itinerary, punctuated by my impending meltdown and probably a desperate craving for a bagel. Cassa Hotel in NYC, here we go!
The Chaotic Cassa Chronicles: A New York Adventure (Emphasis on "Adventure")
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Inevitability of Jet Lag
1:00 PM (Or Whenever the Plane Finally Lands): Arrive at JFK. Pray to the travel gods that my suitcase made it. (Spoiler alert: it usually doesn't). The adrenaline of finally BEING IN NEW YORK! It hits like a rogue taxi cab. Expect a frantic scramble for a yellow cab that will probably take the scenic, never-ending route. Consider the airport express train if you're feeling brave… I’m not, initially.
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM: Check-in at Cassa Hotel, 45th Street. Fingers crossed for a room on a higher floor. I need the illusion of being away from the city’s chaos, even though I’m in the chaos. The lobby's probably going to be all minimalist chic that looks great in pictures, but… feels a little cold. (Me = a warm-hug kind of person). And I'll probably immediately spill something on the pristine white couch. It's a gift.
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM: Room exploration! Unpack some things. (The rest will inevitably end up sprawled across every available surface.) Assess the view, possibly do a little happy dance because, well, New York. The unpacking itself? A battle of wills between me and my suitcase. It always wins, at least at the beginning, and I always spend about 30 minutes trying to find where I packed my pajamas.
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: The Battle with Jet Lag. Consider a nap… but also know that nap = guaranteed wake-up at 3 AM, ready to conquer the world (or at least silently judge all the late-night garbage trucks). Decisions, decisions. Maybe just a brisk stroll around the block to get my bearings? The energy of this city is amazing and I’m still getting my bearings.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner somewhere close to the hotel. A quick search on Yelp. (I'll probably read ALL the reviews obsessively before making a choice and still pick the wrong place.) Pizza? Yes, please! Can a New Yorker confirm that pizza is an appropriate first-meal-back-in-NYC kind of endeavor?
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner somewhere else. I got excited about the pizza and forgot to make a reservation, so I'll be wandering around, hungry and probably cranky.
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Times Square. Yes, I know. It's touristy. It's overwhelming. But I haven't been there in years, and I kind of love the sensory overload for a few minutes. Just to soak it in: the lights, the noise, the sheer unbelievability of it all. Take a photo, get overwhelmed by the crowds, and run away screaming (internally, of course).
10:00 PM - Midnight: Collapse in bed. Pray to the sleep gods. Whisper "Bagels" and think longingly of tomorrow.
Day 2: Culture Shock (and Bagels!!!)
7:00 AM: Wake up. Or try to. Jet lag is winning the war, but that won't stop me, since bagels are involved.
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: The Bagel Quest. Research the best bagels near the hotel. (This is VERY serious business.) Walk to the chosen location, probably getting distracted by a million things along the way. Order the bagel: everything bagel with cream cheese… classic. Or maybe lox. I'm going to have to decide on the spot. Eat the bagel. Be happy.
8:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Explore Central Park! Stroll through the park, maybe rent a bicycle (after enduring a small existential crisis about whether or not I remember how to ride one). Find a quiet spot to people-watch. It's the perfect New York cliché, and I embrace it wholeheartedly. Observe the runners, the dog walkers, the lovers… all oblivious to the genius of the bagel I just consumed.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Museum Time! (Which one? Depends on my mood and how well I can navigate the subway.) The Met? MoMA? Guggenheim, if I'm feeling particularly artsy (and have a good map). Get lost in the art, feel slightly inadequate in terms of my art knowledge, then realize it doesn't matter because art is awesome. This is my favorite part.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Find a casual cafe near the museum. People-watch while eating. Contemplate my life choices. Probably order something I can't pronounce.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Shopping… but not really. Window shopping is my preferred retail therapy. Admire the fancy stores I can't afford. Maybe buy a ridiculously overpriced souvenir. Feel guilty. Repeat.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Broadway Show! (If I managed to snag tickets. If not… cry quietly. Or just wander the theatre district and absorb the atmosphere.) The energy, the costumes, the music… it's magical! This is the dream. I’ll sing along to the tunes. I'll probably cry. I'll almost definitely be moved.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner somewhere. Probably after the show. My emotions are likely to be running high, so I'll need something comforting.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Pre-show or post-show!
9:00 PM - Midnight: After the show dinner, a drink at a dive bar, or maybe just wander around. The city is beautiful at night.
Day 3: The End is Nigh (and Brunch is Essential)
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Brunch. Because brunch is practically a religious experience in New York. Find a place with bottomless mimosas. Judge everyone else's brunch choices. Order something ridiculous. (Pancakes? French toast? A mountain of eggs benedict? The possibilities are endless!)
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Explore a new neighborhood. Greenwich Village? Soho? The Lower East Side? Wander, get lost, discover hidden gems. This is my favorite way to explore!
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Panic buy gifts for everyone I forgot. Try to find something actually unique, not just another "I Love New York" t-shirt. (Though, let's be honest, I'll probably end up buying one of those, too.)
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Pack my bag. (The real final battle!) Attempt to squeeze everything back in. Realize I somehow acquired more things than I started with. Resort to extreme measures (sitting on the suitcase, praying).
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Last coffee. Savor the moment. Reflect on what great experiences have been made in this city.
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Check out of Cassa Hotel. Say goodbye (with a slightly wistful sigh). Head to the airport.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Travel again to JFK.
6:00 PM - Whenever the Flight Leaves: Depart. Reflect on the trip. Vow to come back to New York again soon. Probably already start planning the next trip before the plane even takes off. The city gets under your skin. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.
Important Notes:
- This itinerary is highly subject to change. I am a creature of whimsy and bagels.
- I will probably get lost. Several times.
- I will definitely take
Cassa Hotel NY: Frequently Asked Questions – Because Let's Be Real, You're Curious
So, is this Cassa Hotel actually *luxury* luxury, or like, pretend luxury? The pics are *good.*
Okay, FINE. Let's address the elephant in the, uh, swanky lobby. Is Cassa actually luxury? Honestly? Yeah. For the most part. Think: crisp white sheets that feel like you're sleeping on a cloud (I swear, I spent a solid ten minutes JUST feeling them. Don't judge me!), plush robes thicker than my winter coat, and a rainfall shower head that could probably rinse away years of bad dating experiences. (Just kidding… mostly.)
But! And there's always a but, isn't there? One time, the elevator got… *stuck*. For, like, ten minutes. Okay, maybe not a huge deal, and the guy with me was cracking jokes (gotta love a good distraction!), but it *did* momentarily shatter the illusion of effortless elegance. You know what I mean? Everything's perfect until… a hiccup. It happens. They fixed it fast, though! And the rest of the stay was dreamy. Actually, screw it, the elevator thing was forgettable. The VIEW though? OMG. *Spectacular*.
Is the location really that good? 45th Street… sounds, well, *busy*.
Busy is an understatement, honey. 45th is a *circus*. Seriously. Taxis honking, people rushing, the smell of… everything. (Mostly hot dogs, if I'm honest.) But here's the thing: Cassa? It's a damn oasis *in* the circus. You step inside, and BAM! Instant serenity. The lobby is gorgeous – sleek, modern, with a hint of… something I can't quite describe, but I liked a lot. And, crucially: you're STEPS away from Times Square (yes, the horror, I know… but *convenient* for shows). Broadway's practically at your doorstep. You can walk to Rockefeller Center. You can annoy your friends with Insta stories showing off everything. Basically, it's perfectly positioned… for chaos, but also for convenience. And, the hotel itself? Quiet. Surprisingly quiet. Like, "whispering in the hallway so you don't wake anyone" quiet.
Are the rooms actually worth the price tag? I’m a budget traveler (kidding… mostly).
Okay, let's get real. Cassa isn't cheap. It's not a backpacker hostel, that's for sure. But… here's the thing. Remember those sheets? Those showerheads? The *view*, which, seriously, I'm still dreaming about? For a splurge, for a special occasion, for a "treat yo'self" moment? Yeah, I think it's worth it. (Maybe. I still have nightmares about the credit card bill.)
Here's my hot take, because you asked: if you're just looking for a place to crash, go elsewhere. But if you want an *experience*, a little bit of pampering, a taste of the high life (even for a night)? Then yeah. Worth it. Plus, they have a REALLY good gym, which, after all those Broadway shows, you will *need*.
The restaurant, Butter? Is it *actually* good, or just, you know, hotel-restaurant good?
Okay, Butter. This is where things get… complicated. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was… well, butter-y. (Sorry, I had to.) The food? Some dishes were AMAZING. I still dream about the lobster ravioli. Others… were less memorable. Like, I ordered a salad that tasted mostly of… romaine lettuce. Disappointing.
So, verdict? Hit or miss. Definitely worth a try, but maybe check reviews first and order with a bit of caution. Don't be afraid to send something back! You're paying for it! And then, of course, there was the time I spilled red wine all over my white dress. (The staff were lovely, by the way, and incredibly helpful. Bless them.) But yes, Butter. A bit of a gamble, but potentially delicious if you choose wisely.
Is there anything *bad* about the Cassa? Be honest!
Okay, honesty time. (Because I'm nothing if not brutally honest, even when it hurts my wallet.) Aside from the occasional elevator hiccup, and the erratic-ness of Butter, here are a few minor gripes:
- Rooms are maybe a *tiny* bit small. But hey, it's NYC. Space is a luxury.
- The lack of free breakfast is a bummer. (Come on, Cassa, throw us a bagel!)
- And, yeah, the price. It's not for the faint of heart.
But honestly? These are nitpicks. The good stuff *far* outweighs the bad. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just… maybe with a slightly bigger bank account next time.
The staff! How are they? Friendly? Stuffy? Helpful? Do they judge my tourist-y behaviour?
Ah, the staff! This is where Cassa really shines. In my experience, they're absolutely lovely. Friendly without being *too* overly familiar (you know, the kind that makes you feel like you're being pitched a timeshare). They were genuinely helpful, from the front desk folks who remembered my name (impressive, considering the turnover, I imagine) to the housekeeping staff who were quick to deliver extra towels.
Did they judge my tourist-y behaviours? Maybe a little. (Okay, probably a lot. I was *that* person, taking about a million photos with the Empire State Building.) But they were always polite, always smiling, and never made me feel like a total idiot. They were professional on a level that almost made me feel bad about the wine spill at Butter. Almost. Overall, an amazing team. They really made the experience feel special.
Okay, I'm sold (mostly). One last thing: What's the *best* thing about Cassa? The *one* thing I need to know.
Ugh, putting me on the spot! Okay… the BEST thing? Beyond the sheets, beyond the view, beyond even that perfect rainfall shower… I think it's the feeling. The Feeling. Like you've escaped the madness, the noise, the general overwhelm of New York City, and you've found a little pocket of… *chic*. A place where you can actually relax, breathe, and pretend you're a glamorous movie star (even if you're just wearing sweatpants after a day of sightseeing).
Low Price Hotel Blog